Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so my friend says that an Audi R8 can kill a mustang... and I agree with him.

BUT then i saw this: Ford Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca proceeded to rip off a hot lap of the H-ring's short course in one minute and 13.2 seconds—two-tenths faster than the Audi R8 4.2 quattro, three-tenths faster than the Ferrari California and the Aston Martin DBS, and a whole second faster than the M3 coupe with Competition Package.

So? The Mustang isn't even built to beat those cars! And yet it does!!!

beast...

·
Registered
538 Posts
Boss LS is a track car through and through. I would take it over a GT500

·
Registered
204 Posts
^^^ me too, any day.

B

·
0 Posts
I think the R8 is sexy, but like all Audis very overpriced for what you get. I'm pretty sure a TT-RS is faster for less money and higher mpgs.

·
Registered
303 Posts
The R8 is a much, much nicer car but I'm not surprised at all that the Laguna Seca beat the V8 version of it around the track. Not sure how the Boss would fare against the V10, though. Yes, the Audi is way more expensive but it's a luxury performance car that can be used as a daily driver, not just an all-out track car.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The R8 is a much, much nicer car but I'm not surprised at all that the Laguna Seca beat the V8 version of it around the track. Not sure how the Boss would fare against the V10, though. Yes, the Audi is way more expensive but it's a luxury performance car that can be used as a daily driver, not just an all-out track car.
yea the audi R8 V8 or V10 can both be used every day. same with the porsche 911.
but i would take a 911 over an audi any day because of comfort, you get 4 seats, and mileage.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Audis were looking really handsome for awhile... except for that ridiculous TT... but they have now veered way off into Bizarroland.

And I've never know anyone who owned one that couldn't wait to unload it on someone else.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'm sure they're nice cars; and like with anything you get what you pay for.

I find that the more expensive things are the more expensive it is to live with.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Forget what is always the fastest...I want something that I can drive a lot on the street, and like to look at/drive/hear the most. Could care less what is the fastest around the track. Always something faster/better out there!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts