Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im finaly getting around to upgrading the sound system. what size are the rear deck speakers. They look like 6x9 but most of the web info say 5x7 (6x8) ?? and are the subs on the Shaker 500 in the doors 8s? Are they upgradable??? (proper ohms?) any suggestions on how to get them out of the door. I pulled of the outside ring and removed the 8 or so screws but it still didnt want to release. I plan to do the work myself so any advise would be appreciated....

2005 GT Primium
Black on Black
Auto
Rear 285-35ZR19 / 19x9.5
Front 245-40ZR19 / 19x8
Ipod
Roush Spoiler
BMR Strut Brace

·
Registered
93 Posts
Try Crutchfield.com. Type in your vehicle and they'll show you what fits. Use 6X8 unless you are willing to modify things.

·
Registered
55 Posts
5x7 / 6x8s are in the doors and rear deck. Woofers in the door are 8". To remove those, you have take all the screws and remove the door panel. There's a screw on the rear that attaches to the woofer for final removal. From what I understand, you need a 2 ohm load woofer since that's what the factory woofer is. 4" is the max mounting depth (actually a little less) for the woofer. I changed out all my stuff 2 weeks after I bought mine, but I didn't use the factory amps, I installed my own, but didn't fool with the woofers in the door. Good luck!

·
Registered
18 Posts
SRQ05GT said:
Im finaly getting around to upgrading the sound system. what size are the rear deck speakers. They look like 6x9 but most of the web info say 5x7 (6x8) ?? and are the subs on the Shaker 500 in the doors 8s? Are they upgradable??? (proper ohms?) any suggestions on how to get them out of the door. I pulled of the outside ring and removed the 8 or so screws but it still didnt want to release. I plan to do the work myself so any advise would be appreciated....

2005 GT Primium
Black on Black
Auto
Rear 285-35ZR19 / 19x9.5
Front 245-40ZR19 / 19x8
Ipod
Roush Spoiler
BMR Strut Brace
All the speakers are easy to replace with the exception of the 8" subs in the doors. Check the link below on how to rempve the door trim.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=16258

1 - 4 of 4 Posts