Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a bit of a newbie when it comes to all things audio, and ultimately i decided to replace my shaker500 deck with a Jensen uv8040, my audio quality has seemed to have taken a bit of a dive, my bass isnt coming through very well at all and when i try to turn it up the quality is just a mess, was curious as to anyone elses take on this, thanks

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I am a bit of a newbie when it comes to all things audio, and ultimately i decided to replace my shaker500 deck with a Jensen uv8040, my audio quality has seemed to have taken a bit of a dive, my bass isnt coming through very well at all and when i try to turn it up the quality is just a mess, was curious as to anyone elses take on this, thanks
I do not know the deck that you put in but in my opinion the shaker 500 sounds pretty nice.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im not saying that the 500 didnt sound nice, and that wasnt the issue, i was just looking to upgrade and this new deck seemed cool untill the audio issue came about

·
Registered
331 Posts
yeah...radios like jensen, pyle, boss, etc. are all usually lacking in the sound quality department. when i installed my pioneer avic f90bt in mine with the shaker 500, the sound quality went way up since i was able to fine tune the frequencies for low, mid, and highs, as well as the subwoofers.

you can try sitting down with the owner's manual (as long as its not printed in terribly broken english) and see if the radio offers any other types of audio adjustments in different menus. if not, then i would seriously return it from wherever you got it and get a reputable name brand head unit that has better eq adjustments.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.