Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this weekend im planning on installing my component speaker system in my car, i recently tried to run the wire for the tweeter & install the tweeter & 2 problems arised. 1 how did you get the wire from the tweeter through the door jam, i tried & it looks like the fuse box is right where the rubber hose is, so how did you get the wire ran through & what path did you use?
2 the tweeter hole is 3.5 & the alpine tweeter i have is 1 inch so it falls right through, i was told to use abs plastic which i have. problem is the part of the dash where the tweeter is isn't flat it kind of has 3 different levels so a flat piece of ABS wont cover the dash like the grille does. So what are my option or what have you guys done with this issue?

any help is appreciated

·
Boss Member
4,627 Posts
The rubber hose is just above the fuse box and behind a metal.
sorry going by memory. The hose has a grove in it and the groove fit in the metal. Can undo the hose to get to the hose. Can take a stiff wire and fish the wire thru. [Use extreme car don't wont to pierce one of the wire]
On the tweeter hole. Unsure what you mean. In each corner of the dash remove the cover. Take a piece of plastic and cut to general fit. Take a heat gun or hair dryer and heat it up. This will soften the plastic and then mold to shape. [May have to use gloves. Once cool mark holes cut tweeter hole and mount the tweeter. Then you can reinstall the covers. This should work. Never done this job but is the way I would try. I did install some Turbocoupe tweeters [direct fit] in the two corners of my dash. I even reuse the Turbocoupe speakers in the rest of car. [Hey were free from a donar car I got a 2.3t motor] Maurice

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok cool so should i take off the corner part of the dash where the fuse box is on the lef side & the right side where the right door jam comes into the car? & when im fishing the wire through should i go from the door & fish upward in to the dash or should i go from the dash down into the door?

·
Boss Member
4,627 Posts
HUH. I assume going from radio to corner tweeter in dash. Radio to speakers in doors. And radio to rear speaker. If not this. I don't know. Maurice

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.