Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so what i have is an 89 mustang gt and the stock radio is dead.... so it was pulled out before the car made its way to me what i could use is a diagram showing what wires are for what speakers (labeled hots and grounds if possible) we basically have the power figured out just need speakers

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nope factory plug.... and like i said we have the power all mapped out already and right its the speakers we cant figure out we got 6 speakers ....2 dash 2 door 2 rear and like 6 wires? its really weird

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
this diagram does not appear to be accuret much further than the power wires.... i checked the plug and the number on it is
e9 db-14489 e
hope this helps

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Not much info on that harness. Easy to find out though. Hook radio up. The two wires together in ea run are for one speaker + and -. Use one set from radio to figure what speaker ea set runs to by hooking up. The striped wire in ea set should be the neg.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well we got into the wiring under the dash and for some reason i found another harness that converts into the radio harness that has every single color on the second diagram so im starting to think this isent the right harness for this car xD

·
Registered
319 Posts
Not to hijack the thread, but I have a similar issue/question.

I have 6 speaker sound, but I am only getting sound from the dash and rear speakers. My door speakers are dead and get no voltage. I would ASSUME that you need a stereo with 6 channels, but I have no idea if that is accurate. Anyone have any ideas?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.