Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you may be aware for the last several years A&W have held Cruisin for a Cause Day throughout Canada to raise funds for MS research. This year the event is scheduled for Thursday Aug 25th. On this day $1.00 from the sale of every Teen burger goes to MS research.

There will be events and prize draws throughout the day as well as media coverage to raise awareness for this special cause.

One event planned this year is to kickoff the national campaign here in NL by holding the first Cruise event at the A&W store on Old Placentia Road in Mt Pearl on Wed August 24th. At that event A&W will kickoff the national campaign and in attendance will be Paul Hollands President of A&W Food Services of Canada.

The Owners of A&W (Mount Pearl/CBS) have extended an invitation to the members of NL Mustangs.ca to attend this event on August 24th and of course the Cruisin for a Cause Day on Aug 25th.

More information can be obtained on A&W's website Welcome to A&W Food Services of Canada Inc..

We would love to be the first Mustangs in Canada to start this event off with a bang! The kick off time with the President of A&W has yet to be determined but I think it would be great if we could all get out and show our support for this event.

What do you guys think??? Anyone interested in doing this???

I know i'm "IN" for sure!

Cheers

·
Registered
214 Posts
count me in as well

·
Registered
398 Posts
Sounds good to me! Great sounding event!

·
Registered
54 Posts
So the cruise starts in Mount pearl and ends in C.B.S would that be right. What time on the 25th will this start.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So the cruise starts in Mount pearl and ends in C.B.S would that be right. What time on the 25th will this start.
The cruise and the start time has not been nailed down yet as this is something being organized by A&W, as soon as i know more, I'll post it here though.

Looking forward to seeing you guys out, thats a sweet lookin ride you got there!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Colleen and I hope to make both of these dates (Aug 24 & 25). Anything I can do On-Air: Coast 1011fm Community Matters, etc.? Let me know.
Rod Stockley

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Stand by everyone, Update coming very soon, Im in contact witht he owners today, will let you know shortly.

Rod, Great to here from you again, and i will fwd what we have to the coast address once its all firmed up today.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ryan
NL. Mustangs.ca

As you may be aware for the last several years A&W have held Cruisin for a Cause Day throughout Canada to raise funds for MS Society of Canada . This year the event is scheduled for Thursday Aug 25th.

One event planned this year is to kickoff the national campaign here in NL by holding an event at the A&W store on Old Placentia Road in Mt Pearl on Wed August 24th. At that event A&W will kickoff the national campaign and in attendance will be Paul Hollands, President of A&W Food Services of Canada, Yves Savoie the President of the MS Society of Canada as well as local dignitaries and the media. The event will begin at 8:30 am on August 24th.

On behalf of A&W I would like to extend to the members of NL Mustangs.ca an invitation to attend this event on August 24th and of course the Cruisin for a Cause Day on Aug 25th which will be an all day event.

If your club is interested I will forward further details as we get closer to the event.

Thank you in advance and if you have an questions please feel free to contact me at the number below.

Scott Bartlett

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok heres all the info i have which you should see in your email inbox shortly!

Good day fellow NL Mustangers

If you haven’t already heard Aug 25th is A&W’s Cruisin for a Cause Day throughout Canada to raise funds for MS research. On this day $1.00 from the sale of every Teen burger goes to MS research.

One event planned this year is to kickoff the national campaign here in NL by holding the first Cruise event at the A&W store on Old Placentia Road in Mt Pearl on Wed August 24th at 8:30am and running till 10:15am. At that event A&W will kickoff the national campaign and in attendance will be Paul Hollands President of A&W Food Services of Canada, Yves Savoie the President of the MS Society of Canada as well as local dignitaries and the media.

The Owners of A&W (Mount Pearl/CBS) have extended an invitation to the members of NL Mustangs.ca to attend this event on August 24th and of course the Cruisin for a Cause Day on Aug 25th.
At the Mt Pearl and CBS stores get a ballot on the Rod Stone print that we will be drawing for at the end of the night. There will be other prize draws as well.
The 25th event is open to all cars all day at all restaurants in Canada however expect to see cars at the restaurants on Old Placentia Road in Mt Pearl, Manuels and Kenmount Road especially after 5 PM come early to get a good parking spot.

We would love to be the first Mustangs in Canada to start this event off with a bang! It would be great if we could all get out and show our support for this event and its worthy charity.

Cheers

G

·
so is the plan to skip our regular Thursday at Tims on Thorburn rd and head to A&W Mt Pearl between 5 & 6.....maybe cruise to A&W CBS afterwards?????????

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow! what a great turn out last night, I was lucky enough to get off the plane in time to make it out for Cruisin for a cause. I went to the Mount Pearl Store just after 6pm and figured id meet up with the guys cruisin from Tim when they got there. Well! what a show, i total i counted 87 mustangs in just over 3 hours, beautiful weather certainly brings everyone out.

When i get the total on how much money was raised, I'll let you guys know.

Cheers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts