Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I go to the track ,was there for an hour 1/2 ,and got one run , two cars blow up covering the track with oil!
So for my one run 14.2 at 98 ,with a 2.28 `60, 97%HUM.
Till next time , got to get that dam 14 flat at 100mph !:anianger:

·
Registered
316 Posts
I don't get it...how are you getting these numbers on a stock GT? You must have got the good apple out of the batch!:drool:

·
Banned
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess ! my very first time I ran my car is when I got my best 14.1 !
I just turned 15,000 miles , some cars are at there prime around 35,000 miles, well thats what I hear anyway !:laughlitt

·
Registered
124 Posts
If you want that 14 why not dish out a few bucks on an intake and improve your gas mileage a bit while you're at it, you'll prolly run 14 flat pretty easy after a minor mod.

·
Banned
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WS6isKing said:
If you want that 14 why not dish out a few bucks on an intake and improve your gas mileage a bit while you're at it, you'll prolly run 14 flat pretty easy after a minor mod.
All in do time ! 4.10`s next spring:drool:

·
Registered
436 Posts
great times...glad to see the auto is holdin its own......

·
Registered
7 Posts
that upsets me...stock gt AUTO pulls a 14.1 stock, ive got a 3.73, short throw, x-pipe(off-road), and flows...mines a stick too. and thats the best i can pull. my only excuse is that every day ive went to the track its been over 85 degrees...ive never ran the car though with the x-pipe...and i can feel a difference with that... i hope my problem is just the heat the car has been running in. also if anyone know about underdrive pullys...do they really help much on these cars???

·
Banned
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
02stangin said:
that upsets me...stock gt AUTO pulls a 14.1 stock, ive got a 3.73, short throw, x-pipe(off-road), and flows...mines a stick too. and thats the best i can pull. my only excuse is that every day ive went to the track its been over 85 degrees...ive never ran the car though with the x-pipe...and i can feel a difference with that... i hope my problem is just the heat the car has been running in. also if anyone know about underdrive pullys...do they really help much on these cars???
What is your Track Elevation, that makes a difference ! the heat is a killer too ! Atco Raceway is about 92feet !

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
tracks elevation here is 50 feet
good old flat florida

·
Registered
7 Posts
ran260gt said:
What is your Track Elevation, that makes a difference ! the heat is a killer too ! Atco Raceway is about 92feet !
no clue what the elevation is.....the track i go to is basicly in the middle of no where and its ran by a bunch or ********....its nice cause u can run all day, and they allow anything on the track...i mean anything....they dont check in any car...they just write ur number and say have fun...ITS GREAT!!!!! going this weekend and im hopin for about a 13.8 at 101mph...thats my goal...its suposed to be cold this weekend by me....low 70's so im hopefull

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
im running same mods pretty much as you are 02stanging and i ran a 13.9 with a not great take off. i think 13.8 with a good launch and then 13.5 with my gears =) to come

·
Registered
554 Posts
02stangin said:
no clue what the elevation is.....the track i go to is basicly in the middle of no where and its ran by a bunch or ********....its nice cause u can run all day, and they allow anything on the track...i mean anything....they dont check in any car...they just write ur number and say have fun...ITS GREAT!!!!! going this weekend and im hopin for about a 13.8 at 101mph...thats my goal...its suposed to be cold this weekend by me....low 70's so im hopefull

Sounds like a nice SAFE place to run....LOL. Be careful my man. It's nice that they allow anything to run, but personally, I think POS cars have no business on a track.

Late

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.