Ford Mustang Forum banner

Auto Shift Indicator Light 1969 Coupe

1140 Views 1 Reply 2 Participants Last post by  nick22100
I have an automatic floor shifter off of a 1969 coupe in my car and i believe the indicator bulb recently died and I want to replace it. I looked around but i couldn't even find where the old bulb was in order to remove it. Could someone please describe how to access the bulb and also which bulb I should use to replace it.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
You'll need to pop off the cover with the four screws and slip the t handle off of the lever, there is a set screw behind that you can see if the transmission is in drive 2 or 1.
Then you will see it under that connected to a wire just pop off the old bulb put on a new one and screw the faceplate back on. Then re screw the set screw back into the t handle.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.