Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I was on my way to my cousins yesterday for his grad party, on I-195. I have my BAMA 89P tune on right now with an auto transmission. I was going about 80, then wanted to go around someone quickly so I floored it for a second to get around the person, then released the gas, then for some reason I decided to gas it again, I noticed that my RPM went up to about 7300 RPM (yes i know way too high). Once it did that, the car like, appeared to remain in whatever gear it was in, even as I slowed down..... I ws eventually going about 55 when it still remained at about 4500 RPM, it was almost as though I was in the wrong gear on a manual transmission car and idling.... anyways I pulled over and brought the stang to a total stop, then put it in Park, then back into drive. When I shifted into drive it made a rougher transmission noise than I have ever heard it do before. Im assuming what happened was it just got stuck in whatever gear?? and that maybe the car was revving too fast for it to downshift when I gassed it too much?? The car ran fine after that, but I wanted to ask you guys to see what you knew about it. As always your help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Saw this same issue a few months ago on the other forum. It turned out to be an issue with low transmission fluid. Check the level and if it is good, call BAMA for advice.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nope. Ill check the fluid, but it was really weird like I said, its almost like it didnt want to downshift and/or skipped a gear down, honestly It was partially my fault for overworking the engine to begin with, but Ive driven my car a few times today, to/from work, to/from friends party earlier, no problems. Ill call BAMA tomarrow and ask em if it was simply a skipped gear or something simple due to how I treated the engine for that short amount of time.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure whether there's a dipstick for tranny fluid (im lazy and am new to cars), but Ill look for it tomarrow, now just a little while ago I was going in reverse down a slight hill, like into a parking lot, then went into neutral (on my way to Drive), and the stang stalled..... idk why. It started back up fine and drove normally after. Im wondering if the tune caused these two problems/mishaps?

·
Registered
650 Posts
If i remember correctly in the manual, it explains that pushing the pedal all the way to the floor initiates a forced downshift, which would explain the hanging rpms and/or the "wrong gear" engine breaking feeling you got. Straight from manual:

Forced downshifts
• Allowed in D (Drive).
• Press the accelerator to the floor.
• Allows transmission to select an appropriate gear.

Just a thought... Its happened to me before.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok. as long as I wasnt the only one, Im not gonna do what I did again I asked too much of my baby at one time haha, bad for te engine. thanks guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.