Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to transport my 66 coupe on an open carrier from Ohio to California but am getting seriously jacked around by the brokers/carriers. I started with Able Auto Transport two weeks ago and they promised to have it shipped by yesterday. Now they call and say that there is not enough capacity and that a 'bonus' might help get my car 'priority status'. I called another broker and feel like I'm getting the same kind of runaround from him too. Has anybody else gone through this, and if so, which company did you end up going with? I need to have it shipped before next Monday when I fly out there. Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
85 Posts
It does sound like you are getting jerked around. I have used DAS (Dependable Auto Shippers) twice. This is an auto transporter carrier. And they will give you a quote online. Hope this helps and good luck. Steve

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've been getting quotes and apparently they are all brokers, just a matter of how much integrity they have.

I have selected Monaco Luxury Shipping, but I have not used them yet (end of August)

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I shipped my Malibu SS through DAS.... no bumps no bruises nothing ...picked up on time and delivered to the buyer without any issues.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I called DAS and found out they have a terminal right here in my town, so I can drop it off Monday morning before I fly out to California. No waiting for pick up. It is only about $100 more than the brokers were quoting, but at least I'll have a contract to have it shipped within 15 days. Do you guys know if DAS is a broker or shipping company? It's hard to tell. It says in the contract that they can use 3rd party shippers. Thanks!

·
Banned
12,436 Posts
Thanks guys. I called DAS and found out they have a terminal right here in my town, so I can drop it off Monday morning before I fly out to California. No waiting for pick up. It is only about $100 more than the brokers were quoting, but at least I'll have a contract to have it shipped within 15 days. Do you guys know if DAS is a broker or shipping company? It's hard to tell. It says in the contract that they can use 3rd party shippers. Thanks!
I used DAS, they were awful...make sure you buy the optional insurance, it took them a month to ship a car from VA to FL, then they damaged it, then after the hidden deductible it cast me $650 to repair the damage...avoid them like the plague

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My original plan was to drive it, but it still has too many issues for me to feel safe driving it 2,500 miles in this searing heat. I dropped it off this morning at the Cincinnati DAS terminal with no problems. I guess I'll just have to hope they ship it to California in two weeks as promised without beating it to death. The brokers I went with initially never even bothered to get back with me after they broke their promises. The whole industry seems to be beyond shady.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Oh no! :( I've too late for conversation in this post. but i would like to say that there are many companies and their brokers offer the best transport services. I've also faced such situation but i am happy because another transport company has shipped my vehicle quickly . :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi! I've also shipped my vehicle and got help of Las Vegas auto transport. Actually, i am searching for the latest new auto transport companies for my regular vehicle transportation. Do you know about reliable transport companies in surrounding areas So kindly suggested me. Thanks in Advance. :)

·
Banned
1 Posts
Hi! If you want to get ride Auto transport hassle and looking for reliable transportation services. I suggest you about few most reliable and trusted transportation companies nationwide. You should have knowledge about transportation guidelines before hiring any kind of transport company.

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
3 bots in a row, seriously? We need the admins to get these posters deleted stat.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, since the bots resurrected this old thread, I might as well update it. My car arrived as scheduled and without a ding. I would use DAS again.

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
Lizer, I'm with you on that one. Look at their writing/language. They are from far away across the big ponds.
Usually internet spam bots aren't actually real people. It's a program created to simulate a real poster on a website. When spam bots first started out they would go immediately to spamming a forum, try to post a link, etc. Bots are more advanced now and try to make a few generic posts so they 'fit in.' After that they will then introduce a link in a subsequent post, and that's exactly what happened here.

There's a million giveaways to a bot, and it's a combination of their name, their retarded artificial intelligence English, lack of coherency, generic post, and profile information. One of the bots 'real name' is George54, which is one of the other bot's names :)

·
Registered
435 Posts
Usually internet spam bots aren't actually real people. It's a program created to simulate a real poster on a website. When spam bots first started out they would go immediately to spamming a forum, try to post a link, etc. Bots are more advanced now and try to make a few generic posts so they 'fit in.' After that they will then introduce a link in a subsequent post, and that's exactly what happened here.

There's a million giveaways to a bot, and it's a combination of their name, their retarded artificial intelligence English, lack of coherency, generic post, and profile information. One of the bots 'real name' is George54, which is one of the other bot's names :)
Dang... You're good. Arent there security questions and "type what you see in the picture" to avoid that?

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
Dang... You're good. Arent there security questions and "type what you see in the picture" to avoid that?
I don't know the exact answer to that question, but I administrate a forum based out of Iowa and we have the same security measures installed. We still have bots that poke through the system all the time. It must still require the human element to get them started.

You can read more about them here.

Chatterbot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1 - 18 of 18 Posts