Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ecoboost Premium convertible
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See it here:

I can tell you the convertible also does well, and apparently better than other makes/models in this class. While the droptop does take up some of the trunk space, you can still fit two full-size bags plus sundry other smaller bags in that trunk. And then of course the back seat can hold two full size bags, or a bag and a cooler. So a week-long driving trip with the wife or girlfriend (both won’t fit though) is eminently doable.

·
Registered
10,885 Posts
. . . a week-long driving trip with the wife or girlfriend (both won’t fit though) . . .
that's a good thing; was it part of the rating criteria? ;)

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I have an S197(2014) and was pleasantly surprised at the size of the trunk when I first opened it. I don't know how it was rated in size comparisons a few years ago when it was the current model but I can't see it being graded poorly.

·
Registered
10,885 Posts
compared to its closest competition -- the Camaro -- the Mustang definitely had (has) a more usable trunk; I think the Camaro trunk volume is about the same, but the opening is much smaller and more awkward

·
Registered
2020 Ecoboost Premium convertible
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
compared to its closest competition -- the Camaro -- the Mustang definitely had (has) a more usable trunk; I think the Camaro trunk volume is about the same, but the opening is much smaller and more awkward
The available data says the Mustang convertible has 11.4 cubic feet, while the Camaro convertible has 7.3 cubic feet. The camaro, with that hard closure, pushes the folded top much deeper into the trunk space

·
Registered
10,885 Posts
^ wow that's a huge difference, I was thinking of older models and not the vert

1 - 7 of 7 Posts