Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i was racing a hatchback the other day and i drive a automatic so i go from 1,2 then 3 for my rpms to be higher. but when i went into second my engine started to over rev and it finally stop. now my exhaust makes a weird noise and engine makes weird noises when it idels. i also feel like i lost some power. please help thanks.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It sounds like a broken valve spring. One of the casualties of over-revving.....
thanks for the response how would i check the engine to see if anything else is wrong. do i need a whole new engine?? :confused:

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
No, you don't need a whole new engine unless it is covered under warranty, but I don't think you could pass this one by them. The valve covers need to come off to be sure......
you'd be surprised what kind of horse crap some dealerships are gullable enough to eat! :shigrin

the shop i work at once warrantied bald front tires on an 08 tiburon with 1,300 miles! customer claimed it was an alignment issue...:nogrinner

the car had intake/exhaust, "tuner" rims, and was a 5-speed. c'mon, a 5-year old would have raised the BS flag on that:happyhapp

dealerships are very worried about customer satisfaction, if its under warranty have a parent bring the car in, more than likely they'll fix it and put you in a free rental.
also, if you have any burnt/shredded rubber in your wheel wells, now would be an excellent time to clean that out...

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
you'd be surprised what kind of horse crap some dealerships are gullable enough to eat! :shigrin

the shop i work at once warrantied bald front tires on an 08 tiburon with 1,300 miles! customer claimed it was an alignment issue...:nogrinner

the car had intake/exhaust, "tuner" rims, and was a 5-speed. c'mon, a 5-year old would have raised the BS flag on that:happyhapp

dealerships are very worried about customer satisfaction, if its under warranty have a parent bring the car in, more than likely they'll fix it and put you in a free rental.
also, if you have any burnt/shredded rubber in your wheel wells, now would be an excellent time to clean that out...
True, but sometimes it's who you know......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.