Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking for a little understanding with an automatic shifter. from what i gathered buying this B&M shifter Hammer Shifter alond with this Bracket & Lever Kits - Ford - AOD will let me pick the gear i want to be in?/ going up and down gears.:?:

im assuming that a transpack/j-mod would be worth doing aswell?

keep in mind that what i think i know:grinroll: is correct may be a future mod down the road. Also oppinions would be welcomed:smartass:

·
Registered
172 Posts
it sounds like a good idea but have you looked at the hurst quarter stick shifter ?

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont like the pistel grip thing... i would like the pooltable ball, but the stupid trigger to get it out of park and into reverse might make it seem weird... btw is my research correct?

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
umm you dont have a aod transmission. U have a 4r70w tranny that replaced the aod e. It wouldnt be worth changing shifters, no gain at all. Tuning with the tranny will work better. Those trannys are all run on line pressures. Its all electronically controlled. A jmod would do wonders for you tho, it opens up the passages and really allows more room for improvement

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for setting me straight. guess im looking for a jmod then....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.