Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 GT Auto. When I have my Bama 93 OCT Race tune loaded (as well as any other Bama Tune) the is a strange shifting sound. It almost sounds like a whoosh / like air pressure (almost sounds like a quick release of steam) being released when the transmission switches gears. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
145 Posts
sounds like someone added a turbo with a loud blow off valve to your mustang when you weren't looking

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I noticed when I first installed my JLT CAI and Tune that I got a sound of air releasing from my Air Intake when I shut off the Car (not the same) I know, but it may be linked to the CAI, call and ask them.

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I noticed when I first installed my JLT CAI and Tune that I got a sound of air releasing from my Air Intake when I shut off the Car (not the same) I know, but it may be linked to the CAI, call and ask them.
What he said. Whether or not you have a CAI (I assume you do??) call BAMA. The intake's the only place a whoosh sound like what I think you're describing can come from, but never heard it from mine during shifts.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
No CAI is installed. Only a 93 Bama Race tune.

Hmm...
I did'nt know you could install a Tune without adding a CAI......I could be wrong.........

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes. The tune account for about 80% of the performance gain, the CAI adds another 20%.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Actually, a CAI can add more power than a tune, depending on the CAI brand and the tune's octane rating. But even if the a tune makes more hp, it's only slightly more and not anywhere near 4 times as much as a CAI.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.