Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was at the store the other day, and I couldn't get the car out of park. The shifter button was loose and I figured the cable had busted. So after a while I able to squeeze my fingers through the console and (manually) lift the shifter lock to drive back home.

Anyway, apparently the shifter cable broke at the top ball. Has anyone fixed this, mabe applying a wire crimp where it broke off.

Or has anyone tried to make they're own shifter? any suggestions would help because by the time I order it and it arrives it'll be about 2 weeks.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
I've not worked on the shifter cable myself, but MU has them in stock and would only take a few days to get...

http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=F1567+01

If the threaded portion has enough adjustment AND it broke close to the ball, you might be able to braze a new "ball-like thingy" to the cable. I would not bet on a crimp lasting too long.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the Link. I will try to fix it myself first if not then order the part. I had actually seen it at CJ Pony parts also, a few dollars cheaper including freight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.