Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have taken the time to put an auxilary fusebox in two of my cars. The '05 I just grabbed a wire runnig to the electric seat for a tap...BUT What I want to do on the '06 is this:

Install a separate fuse box like the ones found at Radio Shack that takes a spade fuse. They have six lines.

I wish to find a decent amperage wire inside the cockpit that is switched with the key.

Here are a few of my questions....

Can someone with a shop manual/knowledge identify the perfect wire I can use that is easy to find and has 15a capability?

Can I also be told where is the best location to bring in my own power wire (fused at the battery) into the cockpit. I am thinking that maybe there's a short cut (factory grommet behind the glovebox or an easy to hit spot from the floorboard area etc.)?

I have a police scanner and CB and radar detector in my '05. My '06 will have this plus a linear amp.

Thank you for your help, Russ

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just a "bump" up front for another days chances of getting an answer... :worship

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Geeez, throw me bone here... surely someone has torn their car apart by now... Any suggestions now? Russ

1 - 3 of 3 Posts