Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Ever heard of Avant Garde wheels? If you haven't, check this out...
Like a lot of you, I really dig the RTR Mustang, particularly the wheels. They sell the RTR wheel set at a lot of different sites now. The only problem is that they are only available in a 19x9.5 set up, and I have heard some complaints about the offset as well.
I recently spoke with Eric Molin at Getyourwheels.com, who introduced me to Avant Garde. They have been making their M310 wheels for a few years now, and they are awesome. The RTRs shape is just about identical to the M310s, although after seeing both in person, I much prefer the finish on the M310 (darker matte black as opposed to the "grayish" matte black on the RTRs). The only problem is they don't make them to fit the mustang (and no one else does without re-drilling/shaving/painting). Eric has a VERY good relationship with the people over at Avant Garde. Long story short, Eric is willing to put together a custom set of M310s for the 2005-2012 Mustang. The sizes would be 20x9 with 27 offset front, and 20x10 with 40 offset rear. They would be hub centric, and have the 5x4.5/114.3 bolt pattern. The set will be $1500 for Matte Black or Hyper Silver. You can also have them powder coated any color you like for $200! Eric is going to need at least 5 pre-orders to have them made. There is a 20% deposit.
Check out the links and pics.
PM me if you have any questions!

GetYourWheels.com: Wheel and Tire Packages|Staggered Wheels|Custom Wheels|Luxury Rims
AVANT GARDE WHEELS

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
those wheels look nice man.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Offset is wrong. Plus BBS has wheels that style for 10 or 20 years.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Offset is wrong. Plus BBS has wheels that style for 10 or 20 years.

Offset has been checked. Not wrong. How aggressive they are is opinion based, but they aren't "wrong". These have a slightly less aggressive stance than the Alcoa's on the Super Snake. Of course BBS has been making this style of wheel for a long time. So has HPE, VMR, BMW, and so on. Many people make this style wheel. Avant Garde is the only one willing to make a set specifically for the Mustang at a reasonable price. I'm also pretty sure the similar BBS CH-Rs cost over $3200.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Offset has been checked. Not wrong. How aggressive they are is opinion based, but they aren't "wrong". These have a slightly less aggressive stance than the Alcoa's on the Super Snake. Of course BBS has been making this style of wheel for a long time. So has HPE, VMR, BMW, and so on. Many people make this style wheel. Avant Garde is the only one willing to make a set specifically for the Mustang at a reasonable price. I'm also pretty sure the similar BBS CH-Rs cost over $3200.
Agreed. I doubt very seriously you could find a set of similar looking BBS wheels for $1500. Especially in a 20".

I really like the look and idea. I have to think hard about this one chuck. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
The point is RTR doesn't deserve credit for the style that's blind.

And you're right the offset looking like a hot wheels car sticking out is a matter of opinion.:gringreen

·
Registered
963 Posts
Eurotek makes 19s in the correct offset.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Do you know what's the correct offset for front and rear, also the width ( 19 x 9.0 or 19 x 9.5) ....
With a 9" or 9.5" wheel, you'll want to be around a 40-45mm offset for a stock, tucked look.

I agree with Alex, though. Although there's no such thing as a "wrong" offset if they fit, 27mm will look a bit funny, "like a hot wheels car sticket out." However, they do look really nice...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well like I said, the offset on the Alcoas that are on the Super Snake are 20x9 24 offset, 20x10 36 offset. If you look that car up you will see that they are pretty agressive, but it doesnt look like a hot wheels car to me. These would be less agressive by 3-4mm.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I'm doubting some of the stated offsets for the Alcoa wheels. Most sites do not specify the offsets of the wheels, while the only two sites that did differed from one another. Judging from the pictures, I'd imagine that Cruzin Concepts Wholesale stated the correct offsets, as a 24mm offset on the front would stick out more than the RTRs and likely cause rubbing issues.

Cruzin Concepts Wholesale:

20" x 9" - 30mm
20" x 10" - 45mm

20X9 Shelby Super Snake Wheels Rims
20X10 Shelby Super Snake Wheels Rims

North American Tuning:

20" x 9" - 24mm
20" x 10" - 36.7mm

2010 2011 Mustang GT500 Super Snake 20x9 Alcoa Wheel, Black
2010 2011 Mustang GT500 Super Snake 20x10 Alcoa Wheel, Black

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm doubting some of the stated offsets for the Alcoa wheels. Most sites do not specify the offsets of the wheels, while the only two sites that did differed from one another. Judging from the pictures, I'd imagine that Cruzin Concepts Wholesale stated the correct offsets, as a 24mm offset on the front would stick out more than the RTRs and likely cause rubbing issues.

Cruzin Concepts Wholesale:

20" x 9" - 30mm
20" x 10" - 45mm

20X9 Shelby Super Snake Wheels Rims
20X10 Shelby Super Snake Wheels Rims

North American Tuning:

20" x 9" - 24mm
20" x 10" - 36.7mm

2010 2011 Mustang GT500 Super Snake 20x9 Alcoa Wheel, Black
2010 2011 Mustang GT500 Super Snake 20x10 Alcoa Wheel, Black
20" x 9" - 24mm
20" x 10" - 36.7mm
Those are the correct measurements. Called cruizin concepts and a few others that sell them to confirm.

·
Registered
355 Posts
20" x 9" - 24mm
20" x 10" - 36.7mm
Those are the correct measurements. Called cruizin concepts and a few others that sell them to confirm.
Good man, thanks!

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Love the look of wheels being staggered and these Avant Gardes. Those offsets would have a perfect look on our mustang, a bit wider look than most of the 10" widths that usually come in 43 or 45 offsets.

If I were in the market for 20's, this would be a very viable option. Thanks for the post, OP.

Also, any idea of a weight on these puppies?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Love the look of wheels being staggered and these Avant Gardes. Those offsets would have a perfect look on our mustang, a bit wider look than most of the 10" widths that usually come in 43 or 45 offsets.

If I were in the market for 20's, this would be a very viable option. Thanks for the post, OP.

Also, any idea of a weight on these puppies?
They will be 26-27 lbs.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey everyone. So, let me try and answer all of your questions at once. The wheels are 20x10 40 offset, and 20x9 30 offset. These sizes have been tested and fit perfectly. They weigh 26-27 lbs. Hub centric. Brembo brakes are cleared with ease, in fact, they will clear just about any brakes. Finishes available are Matte Black and Hyper Silver, and I believe either finish can have a machined face. For $200 more, they can be powder coated any color you like. Wheel and tire packages are definitely available, and they have a great selection of tires. For information on wheel/tire package pricing for the Avant Garde M310, call Eric at getyourwheels.com (888-250-9074) and he will set you up. Just let him know your calling about the M310s for the Mustang. I believe they are going to take 2 weeks from the time they are ordered. Cost: $1500 ($1700 w/custom powder coating). 20% deposit. PM me for more info or to set up a deposit.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
great looking wheels!!!!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just got word from Eric at getyouwheels.com that they just ordered 10 sets. They should be here the first week of December.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts