Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,
I wanted to do a poll for this, however, I don't think I have significant privileges or something of that sort, so I just decided to ask the question this way. Here it is:

What is the average miles-per-gallon you get in the city?

What is the average miles-per-gallon you get on the highway?

Thanks, I really appreciate the input!:bigthumbsup
Swpihc1

·
Registered
284 Posts
When I lived out in the country, I used to get 22 to 23 mpg... Since I've moved back into town, I'm only getting 16 or 17 mpg. The best I've seen on my car is a highway trip that got me around 25 mpg. Not bad overall, I think, for a GT!

·
Registered
102 Posts
18 Highway 15 City:d

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I forgot to add, please tell me if you have a V6 or GT!
Thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
I live in the country (Blue Ridge Mtns). With my manual shift '08 GT I average about 24.8 according to the info display. My best highway mileage is 27.6 going from Asheville, NC to Front Royal, VA at about 75 mph.

·
Registered
434 Posts
In my unmodified GT I've averaged 18.3mpg over the last 2100 miles, average speed 29mph. Thats mostly city with three or four 60 to 100 mile trips.
My best highway was 29.8 for 200 miles. I drove like a grandma and didn't use the AC. I had to pick up my kids and had forgotten my credit card:happyhapp. I usually see closer to 27mpg
On some city only with spirited accelerations I get under 16.
Seems like my car does a little better than average, but I do a lot of shifting at 2K.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I have a 2006 GT, manual transmission w/ 3.55 gears. I have about 85% highway, 15% city driving and the cars computer usually shows avg. 36-38mph. I usually get 21-22mpg either with a tune, or stock. With a long, generally flat road trip I can get up to 26-28mpg.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I average 19 mpg combined city/highway, since I live in a rural area and have to drive 15+ miles highway to get anywhere useful. On my recent trip to Tennessee I averaged 27 mpg highway only. I have noticed that my mpg does not vary by more than 1 mpg with the top up/down or a/c on/off. Of course, I didn't buy this car to worry about mpg. ;)

·
Registered
133 Posts
2007 GT manual, no mods (yet), 3.31 gears: between 23-25mpg highway (usually cruising 5-10mph over the limit), and I don't drive far enough in the city to get an accurate number for it.

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
I get about 20 to 21 for a tank full of gas with a combo of highway and round town.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
my last tank of gas i got 15.8 MPG around town. but here in NJ it is only surpasses with stop and go traffic by a large city like NYC. There is a stop light every 500 feet.

·
Registered
25,075 Posts
I average 22-26 MPG

The poll system may have bugs , I will forward this issue in the moderator section!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Daily driving, mostly city, I get 19mpg. But the time I usually go to work, there is little traffic, so it's a steady 60mph most of the way there.

A recent trip to the other side of the state, I got just under 24mpg, and that was mostly open road, but doing around 90-95 most of the time.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Are you guys quoting these based on the cars computer or calculating it yourself? I haven't really paid any attention to the computer thinking maybe it wasn't accurate. The only time I manually calc my mileage (GT) it was 24 to 25 mostly highway.

·
Registered
363 Posts
When I make an effort to be fuel efficient, I usually get around 27 on the Hwy, however last weekend I averaged 29 driving for a couple hours at about 60 mph (pretty awesome for a GT)

City; anywhere from 14-16...

·
Registered
541 Posts
Are you guys quoting these based on the cars computer or calculating it yourself? I haven't really paid any attention to the computer thinking maybe it wasn't accurate. The only time I manually calc my mileage (GT) it was 24 to 25 mostly highway.

About every 6 months, I manual check it against the computer, and every time it's been within a couple 10th's of a MPG. Even down to gallons used vs what I put in to fill it up, is usually within 1/4 gallon.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I don't keep up with it separately (city/hwy), but per tank overall. Like clockwork, I'm hitting 25-26 mpg, with approximately 85-90% of my 60-mile round trip commute being open highway. I don't baby it, cruise anywhere from 60-75 mph, and do my fair share of passing slower cars (read: blowing their doors off when the traffic clears). :D

I'm thoroughly impressed with the fuel economy of my 4.6L. My personal best was 26.7 mpg. I just dropped in a K&N insert filter, so I'm eager to see if that helps any. I've used that Lucas engine oil stuff in 2 tanks, but didn't see any improvement.

Oh, BTW, I'm running the 3.33 gears. I didn't realize the 3.55 were an option when I placed my order, or I would have added them. Bummer.

I always use the computer to do the math. The computer knows exactly how much fuel has been used (that's the whole purpose of fuel injection, right?), and it knows exactly how far it's traveled (unless you've monkeyed with your tire size and not compensated), so I don't see where it could be wrong...?

~HA

·
Registered
73 Posts
I like this one, cause its where everyone tells me I am full of ****.....LMAO!!

2008 GT with 5 speed and 3:55s.

Driving it like an 80 year old man heading to church and not going over 2300 rpms through the gears I can get 26-27 on the highway, pretty much flat roads, interste, and the cruise locked in at 68 MPH.

City driving isn't that impressive, lots of stop and gos and usually locks in around 16-17 mpg. Overall I am happy to say the least though.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts