Ford Mustang Forum banner

Awesome Info on 2013 Shelby GT500 Super Snake

5K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  DRJ Boss 289 
#1 ·

Want a supercharged Mustang but find 650HP to be inadequate for you needs? Shelby has the car for you with the new 2013 Super Snake which is available with up to 850 supercharged horses!

Only 500 of the cars will be made but they are available in the full Ford color range and as coupes or convertibles.

“When Ford launched the 2013 Shelby GT500, we were bombarded with requests for Shelby American to offer a Super Snake package for the car,” said John Luft, president of Shelby American. “Our team worked closely with Ford Racing and other key partners to develop our new fire breathing snake. The result is the most powerful base model Super Snake ever at 662 horsepower, which is available at prices lower than previous models. By checking off a few boxes in the series of optional equipment, you can take home a street-legal 850 horsepower version that runs on pump gas.”

Without the optional upgraded engine the Shelby Super Snakes creates 662HP, that is 12 more than the normal GT500.

“With Ford’s new 2013 Shelby GT500 having 662 hp right out of the box, along with our new wide body putting 14 inches of rubber on the ground, this car will be a game changer when it comes to power to the pavement performance,” Shelby American vice president of production Gary Davis said.

In addition to the standard Ford colors, there is a range of Shelby stripes available, and a wide-body pack. This wide-body option adds rear wheels that are 13 inches WIDE! That is as wide as the wheels were tall on the 1964.5 Mustang when it debuted.

The Shelby/Whipple/Ford Racing supercharger is an $11,000 option providing 850 horses and switching to a Kenne Bell unit brings that option up to $12,500. The Super Snake also features upgraded suspension, Willwood brakes, and a Borla exhaust system. For track use the cooling system has also been upgraded.

There are also additional suspension upgrade options starting at $975 for coil-overs and going up to close to $2,000 for a more advanced set-up. Katzkin has also teamed up with Shelby for a $2,995 interior upgrade that includes re-trimmed seats (with the option of Recaro units) in the colors of your choosing.

Prices start at at $28,995.00 for the 662 HP version and $39,995.00 for the 850 HP car. These prices are for people who are already providing a brand-new GT500. Customers and dreamers can configure one through build your dream.

For more head over to Autoguide.

See less See more
#2 ·
i was in vegas last week and did the shelby america tour,what a place!!! i saw all his cars,and the new super snakes.the tour guide was saying over 1100 hp with tune on pumped gas! the cars in the showroom were amazing. i LOVE shelby's,i got the chills when we walked in the door,even when we drove up. i have seen the front of that building in so many mag's. i couldnt believe i was there. i know i will ALWAYS be a shelby fan,and hope to own one, one day hopefully soon :bigthumbsup
i will post pix's as soon as i get them uploaded from camera

#3 ·
Very sexy car, I love the wide body look.

#4 ·
That article and info is a bit out of date. The stock 2013 GT-500 right from Ford is listed at 662 hp with no added $28k. Can't find any other option than the 850 hp option. That's why I hate some of the media publications, one prints something and it gets passed around without anyone checking facts. Heard they are coming out with a GT-1000 with even more HP.
Dave

#5 ·
My lord. That is all that is needed to say..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.