Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1985 capri with a 1998 explorer longblock. it is supposed to have a b-303 camshaft in it but i'm not sure where to look for the id numbers on the camshaft itself. do i have to remove it to see the numbers? any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I believe you can remove the cam and the identification number is imprinted on the back of it.

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Yeah but removing the cam is not a 10 minute thing. It is not worth taking the car apart to see what cam you have unless your going to do some work to her like swap heads or something to that nature.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
finally got ahold of the guy i got the car from today. now i know what my problem is. it still has the stock 98 explorer cam in it. i guess that i'm gonna get 1.7rr for it to move the power curve up the rpm range. i'm not exactly sure how much it will move up but it has to be better than 4500 rpm.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can get ahold of a set of used (a few months old) mixed roller rockers 8-1.7rr and 8-1.6rr. they're only $110. and i was thinking that i would benifit best (because i'm pretty broke at this moment) putting the 1.7's on the intake side and the 1.6's on the exhaust. So if i'm thinking right that should put me right around the stock HO cam and i dont have to tear the engine apart too bad. Please any knowledge to this subject would be very appriciated

1 - 6 of 6 Posts