Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Early last saturday the 24th, I'm coming home from a car show I just went to (http://yorchi.myphotoalbum.com) crusing down the freeway admiring the sunny San Diego afternoon, when a silver SRT-4 flys by me and blows off right by my drivers side window which scared the crap out of me...(good one guy)...
So I'm pissed now, and this is the first time I have the chance to race one of them there skittles, so I follow him, well hes weaving in and out of traffic, and I'm just laying back low, knowing once we clear traffic im gonna anhiliate him...
We clear traffic, I down shift to 3rd, hes got about 8 lenghts on me, and I start pulling him in like im psychotic, don't know if he was on it, but I was cathing him up fast...
I shift to 4th, and he takes the off ramp at like the last possible second for him, so I follow him, pull up right behind him nice and close and let my engine idle between 1.5k and 2k rpm so he hears my Flowmaster 40's rumble...
I follow him around a few streets staying right behind him, thinking to myself, once we get a good 2 clear lanes, im gonna eat you up, when all of a sudden he pulls into a drive way real quick like...so then I feel stupid thinking, man I just followed this kid for nothing and all he did was go home...
So I keep driving away, and then look in my rearview mirror and see him pull out of the drive way, and haul ass back out the street...so if anyones around Oceanside CA and see a silver srt-4 with black stripes on the side, and them gay looking headlight eyelids...make sure you pull his punk card on him...

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
LOL! Maybe he thought (rightfully so?) that you were some psycho...?? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kj_cinci said:
LOL! Maybe he thought (rightfully so?) that you were some psycho...?? :rolleyes:
U know I never looked at it that way...shoot, I would of done the same thing, or slammed on the brakes and let him rear end me, or lead him into "the wrong side" of the neighborhood...
hahaha, maybe you're right, i feel better now...but still though, a punk nonetheless

·
Registered
364 Posts
Mana4Real said:
Hey, I got the eyelids too!!! They make the car look pissed off. I perfer it :D
Eyelids on an srt4? Must not have made it up here to NH yet. Pics?

You're not talking about the "tape" that the ricers use on thier civics, etc., to make it look like they have some sort of low-profile headlamps, are you?

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
He did a blow-off right by your door and that pissed you off? Doesn't take much for you does it? :winks

BTW I think it's funny they are geting replaced with a Caliber(mini-van/station wagon type car) LOL. They don't know anything about heritage...

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tw0scoops123 said:
He did a blow-off right by your door and that pissed you off? Doesn't take much for you does it? :winks
Just wasn't expecting it really, I was still thinking about all the cars and drinks we had at the car show...*there was a restaurant right in front of the show, so we went there and had a few drinks until the awards were handed out*
So imagine yourself enjoying a beautiful Saturday afternoon drive, when someone does that to you, it was pretty freakin loud too, that and he pulled up real close to me so he'd be sure I'd hear it...I wasn't really pissed, it's more like chasing your puppy around the house cause he pooped on the carpet kinda thing, I was trying to catch him, discipline him, and be on my merry little way...damn SRT-4...
I love those cars though, I almost bought one if the salesguy wasnt such a [email protected]&...
just have to make sure they knew that once they stop picking on other 4 bangers and think they can take on the v-8 heavyweights it's a different world...but mad props to the one's that can though, hopefully I never run into one of them

·
Registered
174 Posts
Langod said:
Eyelids on an srt4? Must not have made it up here to NH yet. Pics?

You're not talking about the "tape" that the ricers use on thier civics, etc., to make it look like they have some sort of low-profile headlamps, are you?
I don't neccessarily think its 'tape' unless someone has the "ghetto eyelids" The only ones that I've seen look like molded/painted plastic stuck on the headlights with 3M or something

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Your pissed because he doesn't street race?

He thought you were following him and ditched you.

He won the cat and mouse if you ask me:laughlitt

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
Kyle F said:

I think he was trying to avoid a drive-by!!

:eyebulge:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kyle F said:

huh???
I wasn't pissed he didn't street race, I was pissed I didn't get a chance to actually race him after he flew by and blew off by my door. I understand he might of been scared of some good ol muscle car road rage, I see that now, didn't see it before. But oh well, I know if I initiated a race with someone, I'd at least finish it even if I knew I'd get my a$$ handed to me

·
Registered
42 Posts
Srt midnite snack

I've only caught one SRT-4 and boy, did it surprise the hell outta me. This kid pulls up and I hear the wastegate between shifts, and really, I wasn't expecting him to give me any sorta fight. Of course, I could just tell by the dealer plates it was stock,and there was no chance in hell he was staying with me once I hit 3rd gear. But yeah, I toyed with this guy like pulling a string with a cat, just lettin him get the hit so i could catch up and pull away! We finally salute eachother and went our separate ways, but I think if I had to choose a four banger, it would be a SRT4 or olds Quad 4 4 door all jet black.
03 gt, bullitt intake, novi 2000, Magnaflow w/jba shorties.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.