Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last December she went in for a few things, I guess this is round two. Hopefully she'll be out soon and good to go!Problems are-
1.Noise in rear at low speed turns TCS on/off
2.P/S airbag off light comes on when my 150 lb. son is in the seat
3.Squeaky steering wheel at times
4.D/S light bulb center black peice looks melted
5.My second Shaker 1000 spits out CDs and the speed volume control does not work
6.Hole in the hood liner/mat
7.Horn button Pony has chicken pox
8.Auto shifter handle has scratches
9.D/S,P/S tint scratches (they said they will retint)
Can't see out of tinted rear window at night-just row upon row of headlights from the car behind me. Poor tint job, or just the way it is with tint-defrost lines-sloped glass? Car is one year and three days old and has 8,415.2 miles on her. I love this car!

G

·
wow...gotta love ford...all that stuff underscores why i would never ever buy a 50000 dollar or more shelby from these guys...i just turned on my air conditioner yesterday for the first time....it didnt work...yahoo...i'll try not to yell when i get to the dealer.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's all I have so far-horn button Pony required a new D/S airbag, it is on order and will be in tomorrow. Rear end noise is the TSB for clutch pack, also tomorrow. They are keeping her in the service bay at night, and they have a new Mustang beside her in the shop for comparison?! (it's a light blue color, very pretty) I miss my car.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Wow! You're the only other person besides me that I've heard complain about the chicken pox pony! I had the same issue when my baby was just a few weeks old. Had it replaced quite awhile ago (yep, the whole airbag assembly) and haven't had any recurrence.

Always wondered if it was caused by the ONE time (before I read the manual and learned that the dash is NOT to be 'treated'... oops!) I requested The Works at my hand car wash, which included dashboard protectant (ArmorAll-type stuff). I didn't care for the shiny look, so never did it again (especially after reading the manual!) but always wondered if that product caused the "Palomino Look," (as I called it :winks ).

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm going to die. Today is Friday. She went in on Tuesday morning, first thing. They've been waiting for parts. Could have picked her up tonight at 5:30pm, but parts for clutch pack are now in and they will work on her tomorrow.(yes,they work on Sat.) There are still things left to do aside from the clutch pack. Not sure how much longer I can take being without her. Can't believe parts take so long. I miss my car.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
05PONYCAR said:
Always wondered if it was caused by the ONE time (before I read the manual and learned that the dash is NOT to be 'treated'... oops!)
They did ask me what I clean the horn button with!

·
Registered
293 Posts
65205 said:
They did ask me what I clean the horn button with!
What did you tell them?

Now that I don't ask for "The Works" anymore, I think the only product used on the interior is window cleaner - no more "Palomino Pony!" :thumbsup

Oh, and with my emblem, the faux chrome around the stripes was chipping off, too... Speckled pony and crappy-looking stripes. *LOL* When I took mine in for replacement last year, the service folks said it was the first time they saw anything like that.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
05PONYCAR said:
What did you tell them?
Damp cloth only!

I'm sooooo ticked! I went to pick her up today, around 4:15pm. They had told me she would have clutch pack installed. I get there, she's in the bay(as promised-not outdoors), no one is working on her so I'm thinking she's done. They bring her around, we make small talk, I know I need to bring her in next week to finish the list, I ask what's been done. They say "nothing on the list has been done." I got a little more than upset and said things I wish I hadn't. Now I know they hate me.FIVE days and nothing done. I went in the week before and went over the list in detail. I had an appointment. Five freakin days for nothing. I'm ticked.

Please forgive the long post and obsessive rant.

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
65205 said:
Damp cloth only!

I'm sooooo ticked! I went to pick her up today, around 4:15pm. They had told me she would have clutch pack installed. I get there, she's in the bay(as promised-not outdoors), no one is working on her so I'm thinking she's done. They bring her around, we make small talk, I know I need to bring her in next week to finish the list, I ask what's been done. They say "nothing on the list has been done." I got a little more than upset and said things I wish I hadn't. Now I know they hate me.FIVE days and nothing done. I went in the week before and went over the list in detail. I had an appointment. Five freakin days for nothing. I'm ticked.

Unacceptable... I'd be a little bent too!

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
hell hath no fury like a woman scorned................I hope you singed some hairs.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Hey all, What's w/ the horn button? You wrecked your's by cleaning it? I must know what's up w/ this! That's a slap in the face when a business pulls something like this. Do they send out the satisfaction surveys for you to fill out? I get them form the Ford and Chevy dealers. Any mark but an A+ is failing. I'm going to rip the Chevy one when I get it. They scratched/gouged my rims on the tire rotation when removing the old wheel weights. Good luck w/ the list not done.

·
Registered
293 Posts
65205 said:
Damp cloth only!

That is SO wrong! What the hell were they thinking just letting her sit like that??

·
Registered
293 Posts
sonny1213 said:
Hey all, What's w/ the horn button? You wrecked your's by cleaning it? I must know what's up w/ this! That's a slap in the face when a business pulls something like this. Do they send out the satisfaction surveys for you to fill out? I get them form the Ford and Chevy dealers. Any mark but an A+ is failing. I'm going to rip the Chevy one when I get it. They scratched/gouged my rims on the tire rotation when removing the old wheel weights. Good luck w/ the list not done.
Not sure, Sonny, but I did let Ford know that it's ridiculous that any cleaning product made specifically for car interiors would cause the speckling. They replaced it under warranty, but still... It never should have happened.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.