Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i got to the dyno shop to go with my friend to go order his procharger for his 99 C5 vette, (this is a mustang shop but they do GM cars too). Anyhow
i decieded out of implust go ahead and get car tuned/dynoed since i have all my a/f mixture modifying mods installed.

We did the first pull and the guy says i am not going to tune it for you.. your cars a/f mixture is perfect 13.0-13.1 steady nice line ( upload dyno graph lil later) and it would be a crime for me to charge you 250 for tuning if he wont really be able to tune it much more.

i forgot my first run but we let it sit a little bit and ran it a second time and it did

251 RWHP and 293 RWTQ

so he charged me for 2 dyno runs "65 dollars"

its not what i was expecting but it wasnt too bad =)

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
With those mods I would have expected 260 some hp but every dyno is different and they can differentiate that much.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i know i was expecting about 260rwhp and about 300rwtq

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
Don't be disheartened. I didn't go over 260 & 300 until I had the timing cranked up. I'm surprised he wouldn't do that for you. I think the rule of thumb is ~10 rwhp for every degree it's advanced.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dont know why he didnt advance the timing on it.. not sure

perhaps i should advance alil bit .. but ishould have ask at the dyno

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Still, decent numbers for stocker - nice to see possible gain from T/B & plenum install, maybe pullies.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.