Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read a magnaflow advertisement about their straight through mufflers, and how they relieve back pressure. But after reading some posts and threads on here, I've come to the conclusion that losing back pressure is bad.:eyebulge: So whats the truth? What is back pressure anyway? How does back pressure effect your exhaust and performance?

One last question that has nothing to do with back pressure...How can i shrink my pictures down enough to 100x100, to fit my avatar?

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
jrspony said:
I read a magnaflow advertisement about their straight through mufflers, and how they relieve back pressure. But after reading some posts and threads on here, I've come to the conclusion that losing back pressure is bad.:eyebulge: So whats the truth? What is back pressure anyway? How does back pressure effect your exhaust and performance?

One last question that has nothing to do with back pressure...How can i shrink my pictures down enough to 100x100, to fit my avatar?
you've gotta use photo editor, photoshop, or some picture editing program.

Losing backpressure is good, losing ALL backpressure is bad. Too long to explain . . .

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
jrspony said:

you've gotta use photo editor, photoshop, or some picture editing program.

Losing backpressure is good, losing ALL backpressure is bad. Too long to explain . . .

http://www.club240.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1406

this is actually a pretty good explanation.

·
Registered
11,432 Posts
7500mj said:
would a 2.5 inch x-pipe mount up to the stock headers?
yeah, but unless you're planning on a power adder, or at least a good cam + port & polish, it could be too much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.