Ford Mustang Forum banner

Back pressure???

1524 Views 4 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  kscoyote
I read a magnaflow advertisement about their straight through mufflers, and how they relieve back pressure. But after reading some posts and threads on here, I've come to the conclusion that losing back pressure is bad.:eyebulge: So whats the truth? What is back pressure anyway? How does back pressure effect your exhaust and performance?

One last question that has nothing to do with back pressure...How can i shrink my pictures down enough to 100x100, to fit my avatar?
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
you've gotta use photo editor, photoshop, or some picture editing program.

Losing backpressure is good, losing ALL backpressure is bad. Too long to explain . . .
jrspony said:
I read a magnaflow advertisement about their straight through mufflers, and how they relieve back pressure. But after reading some posts and threads on here, I've come to the conclusion that losing back pressure is bad.:eyebulge: So whats the truth? What is back pressure anyway? How does back pressure effect your exhaust and performance?

One last question that has nothing to do with back pressure...How can i shrink my pictures down enough to 100x100, to fit my avatar?
you've gotta use photo editor, photoshop, or some picture editing program.

Losing backpressure is good, losing ALL backpressure is bad. Too long to explain . . .

http://www.club240.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1406

this is actually a pretty good explanation.
jrspony said:

would a 2.5 inch x-pipe mount up to the stock headers?
yeah, but unless you're planning on a power adder, or at least a good cam + port & polish, it could be too much.
7500mj said:
would a 2.5 inch x-pipe mount up to the stock headers?
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.