Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone installed 4 point seat belts on S197 yet? I'm looking forward to do that this weekend if I can get good instructions, how to access the C and D anchor points (?) in back without having to figure it out myself...

·
Registered
352 Posts
C and D pointls

From with i have seen they look to be under the lower seat... in the center and
on the out side edge....

you may have to bend the seat belt bracket's to in stall and have is come
from under the back seat...

hear some pic i have but the look to be useing the quick fit belt's from schroth
i have called schroth on it but they say that the belt in the pic are not dot aproved
for that car.... .. they make them fit....

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yesterday I crawled to the backseat to check the anchor points. The "outer" ones are easily accessible, but the inner (middle) ones are under the seat cushion. Any hints for removing the seat? Just since removing the trunk interiors ended up me buying new fasteners since there was a special technique for removing them which I figured out after breaking few first.. I'd rather not start pulling the backseat into parts without some advice... :winks

·
Registered
352 Posts
50 fast ford

in this month 50 fast ford mag it show them removing a back seat

they said it was like the old style just pick up on the front of the seat
i think there are tab's

you will have to look.. and see...
here are some tech tip's i found..

Removing the rear seat can be a little tricky. First you can tilt the rear seat backs forward slightly and lift up on the rear seat cushion from the back. This requires some forward and backward manipulation of the seat backs to pull up the seat cushion.

remove for the 05
Locate the retainers securing the seat bottom into the vehicle, approximately 10 inches from
the end of the cushion, either side. Use your thumb to push in retainer release tab. Lift the
seat up to remove.

Remove the two 13mm screws securing the seat back, located on each lower corner. Lift
seat upward to release seat back from brackets at the top. You can carefully prop the seat
back under the retracted top (see Figure 2 below), use caution if choosing this method not
to damage or scratch the vinyl of the seat. You can remove the seat from the vehicle
completely by disengaging the flanges securing the top of the rear seat to the fabric of the
convertible top well
http://www.classicdesignconcepts.com/tech_center/05lightbar.pdf
this is the web site with pdf it has pic.. hope it help's

1 - 4 of 4 Posts