Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now my rear seat is out of my car. I can either re-upholster it (which i really dont wanna do), or leave it alone and make it a permanent rear seat delete. My interior is custom red and grey so i'd have to re-upholster it if i want to put it in. If not then i'll just take off the steel flaps in the back and carpet over it. I keep debating back and forth. i dont really need a back seat although some times it would be nice. And its just dead weight, even though its only like 50 pounds... oh well enough rambling, tell me what you guys think i should do.

·
Registered
29 Posts
well, if it were me and i had the cash, i'd just re do them....but then again, im always in need of a back seat, dang kids. good luck

·
Registered
688 Posts
Well in my opinion, I think that unless you are planning on putting a sub box or something in its place, then you should put it back. I think it doesn't look right when you just have a big open space back there. But either way, you won't lose any weight (probably actually gain weight if you put subs and an amp and everything that goes with it). I just don't like the look of the open space. I am planning on getting leather racing seats up front that are black with silver/gray inserts and I am going to take the back seat out and bring it to Katzkin and have them reupholster it to match the front. This is just my opinion but I think it will look awesome. Just don't leave it empty.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmm... the open space doesn't really bother me that much... but it does suck when i slam on the brakes and all the stuff in the back flys forward. lol. As for the sub, it might be in the future. I had one in the back but it was stolen along with the amp and my custom built box... so id definatly have to get an alarm system before that happens. I also need to make sure we still have enough of the grey insert material, because we got the last roll and they dont make it anymore, so if there isn't enough then theres no point anyway. Thanks for the input though!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.