·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Nice pass Steve!!:bigthumbsup

That's a new best isn't it!!

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
Hey Steve... Did you go with the progressive controller or are you just using the boost activated switch on the pump? I can't figure out how to fine tune the pressure on the pump. It just has a small set screw but there are no markings or detents when turning it so I have no idea what I'm setting it to.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
stlwagon

Great question...I was with you all the way up to "Did you go with.....".

All I know is that the methanol is set to squirt at 10lbs boost. I'll forward your question to Lance to get a better reply for you

PLstang
Yes. We shaved 4/10s and added 7 mph since last time. I told the tuners and Lance, if we can get 4/10s off each time we come out, we'll have something pretty special by Christmas:hihi:.

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
stlwagon

All I know is that the methanol is set to squirt at 10lbs boost. I'll forward your question to Lance to get a better reply for you
Thanks... The instructions aren't very intuitive.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
stlwagon

PLstang
Yes. We shaved 4/10s and added 7 mph since last time. I told the tuners and Lance, if we can get 4/10s off each time we come out, we'll have something pretty special by Christmas:hihi:.

You hear that...........

I think it's the sound of you breaking into the 9"s any weekend now!!

And you didn't need that tow bar after all!:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
4 Posts
To answer your ?
This is Lance I drive steve's car
It is a boost activated switch set to 10 psi.
To adjust it turn the key on using a test light dissconnect the side of the switch with no power using a air pressure regulator set it to the pressure you want it to come on put your test light on the side with no power and turn the screw till your test light comes on.
Now your set to go!

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
To answer your ?
To adjust it turn the key on using a test light dissconnect the side of the switch with no power using a air pressure regulator set it to the pressure you want it to come on put your test light on the side with no power and turn the screw till your test light comes on.
Now your set to go!
Perfect... So would that be the top contact?

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
To answer your ?
Now your set to go!
Welcome to the forums Lance, stop by and visit when you get a chance.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Are you guys using Snow Performance Meth kit?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Are you guys using Snow Performance Meth kit?
No I called Rodney at The Best Water injection system and water methanol injection systems at AlcoholInjectionSystems.com
He was the best I told him our problem and what was in the car and he set us up with a kit.
Also is a very honest guy we were going to buy a progressive trunk mount set up for like 750.00 and he told us we didn't need it.We still got the trunk mount set up but didn't need the controller because we are spraying the whole run. The set up was 450.00 and worth evry penny. picked up like 60 hp just by turning it on,much less being able to cut some fuel from the injectors and pump.

·
Registered
812 Posts
haha now yall got to meet our bad influence lol i blame it all on lance he said get the turbo so i did then i drive home 2 hours with no clutch lol j/k i knew better but man it was doing so good ....... for a few runs anyway lol

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
No I called Rodney at The Best Water injection system and water methanol injection systems at AlcoholInjectionSystems.com
He was the best I told him our problem and what was in the car and he set us up with a kit.
Also is a very honest guy we were going to buy a progressive trunk mount set up for like 750.00 and he told us we didn't need it.We still got the trunk mount set up but didn't need the controller because we are spraying the whole run. The set up was 450.00 and worth evry penny. picked up like 60 hp just by turning it on,much less being able to cut some fuel from the injectors and pump.
Did you add any timing back in yet?

·
Registered
812 Posts
not yet i think they maxed out at 21 last night should have been 25-26 but was still tuning while running .....

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Original plan was to start at 21 degrees and work up.

Datalogging showed that during both 10.0 runs the car fell flat for about 4 tenths of a second in the middle of the run. The data log also showed that the pcm used the strategy of a torque limiter and caused fuel to cut-off as well as retard timing from 22 degrees to -7 degrees for 5 frames in the log.

The plan is to replace all 8 spark plugs, deal with the torque limiter issue, and run a total of 30 degrees timing on c16 fuel and 100% methanol.

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
Original plan was to start at 21 degrees and work up.

Datalogging showed that during both 10.0 runs the car fell flat for about 4 tenths of a second in the middle of the run. The data log also showed that the pcm used the strategy of a torque limiter and caused fuel to cut-off as well as retard timing from 22 degrees to -7 degrees for 5 frames in the log.

The plan is to replace all 8 spark plugs, deal with the torque limiter issue, and run a total of 30 degrees timing on c16 fuel and 100% methanol.
Wow... almost need a hazmat suit to drive that thing.:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
haha now yall got to meet our bad influence lol i blame it all on lance he said get the turbo so i did then i drive home 2 hours with no clutch lol j/k i knew better but man it was doing so good ....... for a few runs anyway lol
Can't have nothing nice lol

·
Registered
812 Posts
Can't have nothing nice lol
all my friends who aren't into the whole car thing look at me like how can you take a brand new car and destroy it every week lol ..... now when i show up first thing they ask is what ya broke this week lol ....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.