Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is backfiring after I installed a new msd ignition last night(6AL, and a Blaster coil). I think that it has something to do w/ removining my smog pump and charcol canister(I'm pretty sure thats what its called). I routed the vacum lines together and the lines to and from the canister but it hasn't idled right since then. Sometimes when I would start the car it would jump to 1500 rpm the drop to 500 and the either bounce around or just die. Could a vacum leak cause that?
Then last night after I hooked everything up I took it for a drive and it backfired a little but then this morning i left for work and whenever i would give it alot of gas it would back fire. It seems like it doesn't backfire as much once the car warms up. So far i have moved the fuel pressure up from 34 lbs. to 42 lbs., checked the firing order, and called msd. Msd told me to unhook the battery to erase the memory in the computer then take the car out for a run to relearn the settings but after all of the nothing has changed.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well i unplugged the ignition box and it ran fine so i tried turning up the fuel pressure to 49 and getting a better ground, but it didnt do anything.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.