Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only had my Legend Lime 06' for about a month and a half and was wondering if any one thought that color was too odd on an 06'/05' Mustang.I let my daughter pick the color..yeah she has red hair and everything she wears is green :gringreen .The other reason I like the color was my dads 68' GT-350 Shelby he bought new.
How many Legend Lime 05'/06's here on this Forum?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Definitely NOT a bad color, only other I even considered was the windveil, cause it reminded me so much of my 66 I had when I was 16. But the lime gold, man it's beautiful. Go outside and look at it just as the sun's going down one eve, turns an amazing gold color.

·
Registered
167 Posts
...and what is supposedly "too odd" about Legend Lime ?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Dude, the Limer is a MONEY color...way Old School (as you said) and definitely not a shade you see on most of the other boring vehicles around town these days. As 2K5 posted, the Windveil and Limer were the only two colors on my radar. Drive it with Extreme Pride, give it to yer daughter after a few years (yeah, mine's got me wrapped around her pinky too) and get thee another Stang, in the color of your choice. Repeat after me (and Rev. Jackson)...I AM somebody...I AM somebody...:laughlitt

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hahahahahaha!!!!

zregime said:
Dude, the Limer is a MONEY color...way Old School (as you said) and definitely not a shade you see on most of the other boring vehicles around town these days. As 2K5 posted, the Windveil and Limer were the only two colors on my radar. Drive it with Extreme Pride, give it to yer daughter after a few years (yeah, mine's got me wrapped around her pinky too) and get thee another Stang, in the color of your choice. Repeat after me (and Rev. Jackson)...I AM somebody...I AM somebody...:laughlitt
Whew! Thought I was the only one! My daughter's THREE and she's already got her eye on Jessica.

"Daddy, you won't need that car when I'm old enough to drive, right?":rolleyes:

I've already told her Daddy's just "taking care" of Jess 'til she's old enough to drive. Her mother made a smart-ass comment about how her daughter wouldn't want to drive a thirteen year old car, but Logan (my daughter) piped right up with "Yes I will!!! Daddy's car's cooler than the Batmobile!!!"

God bless that little girl.:)
Guess I'll have to buy myself a Shelby when she's 16.:winks

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thought you Legend Limers might be interested in this:

http://www.michaelirvine.com/automotivefineart/FlashbackOnTheTrack.htm

I am not in any way affiliated with the Michael Irvine Studio. I just thought this was really cool. I was at the event and just went nuts when I saw this.
By the way, I'm surprised there isn't a "Legend Lime Registry" yet. You guys should get busy.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
MCPG said:
I'm surprised there isn't a "Legend Lime Registry" yet. You guys should get busy.
Do a search, I'm almost 100% certain there is one for nearly every color. The limer thread was the most active (If I recall correctly). I think someone here even set up a website for limers from that thread as well.
Someone that's been on here awhile - help me out on this one.

·
Registered
54 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
What was I thinking? I'll try to do more research in the future before posting such a suggestion. That print is not a photo, by the way.

·
Registered
454 Posts
MCPG said:
What was I thinking? I'll try to do more research in the future before posting such a suggestion. That print is not a photo, by the way.
I wasn't getting on your case. Just yanking your chain. You live too close to me to get on your case. Nice print by the way.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Well I think your daughter is very smart.
1) It only makes sense to have a retro color on a retro car.

2)If it is true to what I hear...The color will not be available in '07.
That makes it a bit more rare.
3) There are very few cars with a comparable color, I think the VW Bug, and the Pontiac Sunfire... Those cars are lame. This color is unique enough to just draw the attention of others...let alone the awesome car it is on.
4) I know I'll get heat for this one.......But...almost every new car comes in Red, Black, White, Gray etc. So the Car has to stand out just to catch somebodies eye. You got a Double Whamie
(Please Note....I appreciate all the colors on the new 'Stangs...........Please be gentle on me:rolleyes:
I'm sure I could keep going but you get my point!

·
Registered
502 Posts
DrDoom said:
Whew! Thought I was the only one! My daughter's THREE and she's already got her eye on Jessica.

"Daddy, you won't need that car when I'm old enough to drive, right?":rolleyes:

I've already told her Daddy's just "taking care" of Jess 'til she's old enough to drive. Her mother made a smart-ass comment about how her daughter wouldn't want to drive a thirteen year old car, but Logan (my daughter) piped right up with "Yes I will!!! Daddy's car's cooler than the Batmobile!!!"

God bless that little girl.:)
Guess I'll have to buy myself a Shelby when she's 16.:winks
That's what I like to hear, Doctor...raisin' 'em right! A dad's greatest gift to his daughter is teachin' her the difference between Quality and Fake, and you have obviously cleared that fence already. Well done, good sir!

·
Registered
76 Posts
woodj said:
I wasn't getting on your case. Just yanking your chain. You live too close to me to get on your case. Nice print by the way.
I didn't think you were getting on my case, I just usually do better research than that. By the way, I grew up in Hartselle.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
I like all the colors really. Look even better in person(LL,WB).

I went with the easiest color to maintain.

·
Registered
599 Posts
LL is fine, but Sonic Blue 05 is the best!! Then Torch Red!:drool:

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Here's the cool thing about color, everyone is right! It's all about what floats your boat.

All the Mustang colors are nice, but colors come and go. There's only one original. Cars started out painted black and the best looking ones are still black. The proof is in the pudding!

Attachments

·
Registered
261 Posts
your all out of your freakin minds!!!!!!!!:sterb: theres only one color that STANDS OUT WAY ABOVE THE REST!!!!!!!!! now my wife has a black 06 GT and its a very nice color . the reds the blues equaly nice . the legendary lime is ok. ( now theres a reAson it was legendary, some thing are best left in the past and buried in the ground,LOLOL ) DONT GET YOUR PANTIES IN A TWIST:sterb: this is only SATYRE. windveil blue sounds and looks like it belongs in a wedding ceramony. all your cars colors are nice.......nice.......nice .......thats like a really hot girl you want so bad saying "you have nice eyes" you know you have no way in hell with her!!!!! ther all nice, but they just dont POP !!!!! POP OUT AND HIT YOU IN THE MOUTH:worship . THEY DONT SCREAM "DAMN THAT CAR LOOKS AWSOME !!!!!!!:drool: , THAT HAS TO BE THE BEST MUSCLE CAR COLOR FOR THE 05 MUSTANG!!!!!!!!" :worship none of the other colors can cause accidents from the gaze of onlooking bystanders !!!!!!!able to stop traffic at a single glance!!!!!!!! able to KEEP PEOPLE LOOKIN AND LOOKIN BACK FOR MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:drool: you all know that deep down in your souls you wish you had the balls,THATS RIGHT BALLS!!!!!!, to own and drive a car covered with this magical color!!!!!!! the color of the SUN and of all that is bright and good in the world!!!!!!!!!! THE COLOR THAT MAKES ALL OTHERS PALE IN COMPARISON!!!!!!!! you all know what it is and if you dont your blind!!!!!!!LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO:winks vynle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Legend Lime ...is there another choice????

I have had my legend lime convertible for 6 months and I get more compliments on the color then anything else. When I went to buy one, I thought I wanted the stone color, but when I saw the legend lime in the show room I knew there was no other choice for me. And..FYI.. I have red hair too!

POCO said:
I've only had my Legend Lime 06' for about a month and a half and was wondering if any one thought that color was too odd on an 06'/05' Mustang.I let my daughter pick the color..yeah she has red hair and everything she wears is green :gringreen .The other reason I like the color was my dads 68' GT-350 Shelby he bought new.
How many Legend Lime 05'/06's here on this Forum?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.