Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i worked all day today and even an hour overtime... And while i was working i was supposed to have my wheels mounted and balanced.... I bought the 18X9 Black Deep Dish Cobra Bullets.... and well after work i get to Big O's... The guy has a "sad" face on.. i knew it wasnt good... He told me their machine broke.. so i figure.. crap now my wheels wont be put on.. but no... guess whos wheels were in it while it broke? Ya.. mine... One of my wheels got eaten up by the machine.. it took a chunk off a bullet and scrathed it up... Aparently the machines air hose flew off and then it had no pressure to hold my wheel steady while they put the tire on.. so my wheels spun around and got scrapped up. I love it... Now they have to buy me a new rim and i have to wait for that... I have already been waiting weeks.. i bought the wheels about a month or so ago.. and then the tires a week ago.. so i was VERY ANXIOUS to see them.. its.. just .. my.. luck.

·
Registered
151 Posts
In good time my son you will be wheeling around on your new wheels....in the meantime, That Sucks.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Consider this: bought my gorgeous deep-dish 10.5"s and had to take my pretty brakes OFF so they'd fit, AND neither you nor I live in Louisiana or are stationed in Baghdad. Our lives are pretty simple. Patience, Grasshopper.. stuff happens.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Bummer..... I got my 18 x 9 deep dish rims last week and Im still waiting for the spacers. The rims look darn good in the garage though.:sterb:

·
Registered
538 Posts
meatball said:
AND neither you nor I live in Louisiana or are stationed in Baghdad
Really sucks for them.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Yeah that rather sucks, but also hard to belive. I guess it depends on the style of machine. I would think a place like Big O's would have bettter machines. The machine we use has nothing on it that could scratch your wheel or loose instability if it lost total air pressure. The head on the machine is made from 100% plastic, and is strong enough to install 20" Run Flat tires with out breaking or damaging a wheel.

I would say that it was an operator error, and they said that so they wouldnt looks as bad. I dunno. Just a kick in ur behind to make you wait even longer. Either way they gotta pay.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So you for sure have to have spacers? If so where did you get them? Great.. another thing i have to wait for.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Mustang05 said:
So you for sure have to have spacers? If so where did you get them? Great.. another thing i have to wait for.
Definitly need spacers. They should of came with the rims.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts