Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this is not what i want to have happen right now but i have to sell my 2006 mustang gt. I am trying to figure out what its worth and best way to go about selling it. As far as the car its in perfect shape, also as far as parts goes it has 3.73 ford racing gears, steeda underdrive pulleys, JLT Cold air and diablo tuner, Slp loudmouths. The car is fully blacked out every light front and back has brand new 18's cobra r's with nitto tires. I still have all the stock parts and there is so much more i just need to no what the best way is to get this crappy process started. Can anyone help me please.??

·
Registered
924 Posts
Hate that you have to sell it...think I'd sell a kidney first, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Don't know how much you should ask for but I think you'll get more if you return it to stock and detail the hell out of it. Make it look as new as possible.

Sell the mod parts for some extra coin. Unless you got someone lined up who wants to buy it with your mods. Most guys prefer to start with a blank slate and do it the way they want it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'd say follow the advice the posters above gave you, and also start searching different classified sites to see the asking prices of cars similar to yours.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys, this is hard i dont no if i want to but its the smart thing to do when u got a baby on the way its either the mustang or the denali has to go and old lady says baby wont b riding in that car ever, so i just dont no .!

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
thanks guys, this is hard i dont no if i want to but its the smart thing to do when u got a baby on the way its either the mustang or the denali has to go and old lady says baby wont b riding in that car ever, so i just dont no .!

that sucks for you. my baby girl (7mo) LOVES cruising with daddy in the stang. the exhaust note puts her to sleep and she giggles if i get on it a bit on take offs.:gringreen she cries when we take her somewhere in the F150. (i told the wife when she was pregnant that my little girl was going to be a mustang girl!):yup:

tell old lady that mustang has a five star rating, plus less likely to rollover unlike denali, so in my opinion its safer.

like others have said though, if you have to sell her, de-mod her and sell mods separately, youll get more money and some buyers dont like modded cars. KBB.com is your best bet on figuring out price.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that sucks for you. my baby girl (7mo) LOVES cruising with daddy in the stang. the exhaust note puts her to sleep and she giggles if i get on it a bit on take offs.:gringreen she cries when we take her somewhere in the F150. (i told the wife when she was pregnant that my little girl was going to be a mustang girl!):yup:

tell old lady that mustang has a five star rating, plus less likely to rollover unlike denali, so in my opinion its safer.

like others have said though, if you have to sell her, de-mod her and sell mods separately, youll get more money and some buyers dont like modded cars. KBB.com is your best bet on figuring out priw

well we already got one so we cant really fit 2 in the back lol thats y denali over mustang but i dont no i still working and thinkin bout things

·
Registered
430 Posts
Aside from the gears and underdrive pullies, I would return everything else to stock, especially the loud exhaust, which may turn off some prospective buyers.

The second order of business is to check cars.com, autotrader.com, classifieds, etc to determine two things. The first thing is the prices comparable cars are being listed for. The second is how saturated the used market in your area is. If there's a ton of Mustangs up for sale in your area, it might be tough finding buyers unless you lower your price significantly.

Third, go to different dealer and see what they offer you and also list your car on craigslist, autotrader, and cars.com.

The most important thing is to detail every part of the car before a buyer or dealer looks at it. Wash it, strip it, wax it, clean the windows, trim pieces, wheels, spray or gel the tires, and use a scratch removing compound or polishing compound to reduce any visible scratches. Same goes for interior. Vacuum everything, clean the leather, clean the trim, etc. If it's a single buyer and not a dealer, also probably a good idea to clean the engine bay. Showing a buyer a clean engine compartment really shows them you take care of the car and could be very useful in closing a deal.

·
Registered
113 Posts
but its the smart thing to do when u got a baby on the way its either the mustang or the denali has to go and old lady says baby wont b riding in that car ever, so i just dont no .!
Your wife doesn't sound very reasonable :confused: the back seats fit car seats just fine and with traction control my car handles much better then my wife's camry in all weather conditions... My kids never complained and always had fun in the car. For gods sake the car is not a two-seater. :angry What I'm saying is that's not a good reason to get rid of it. :so

·
Registered
113 Posts
well we already got one so we cant really fit 2 in the back lol thats y denali over mustang but i dont no i still working and thinkin bout things
What are you talking about? You can't fit two kids in the back? My Mustang has two back seats doesn't yours? :banghead:

·
Registered
113 Posts
BTW...I'm on your side. I just trying to knock some sense into your noggin and/or help you grow a pair :yelwacko:
It just drives me insane when I read "kid on the way...get rid of mustang" :fuming:

·
Registered
12,666 Posts
Don't get rid of it. Sell some mods if she needs you to get some cash, but tell her in the end that you're going to end up spending more money on something else. The Mustang GT gets 25+ MPG on the highway so its not a gas guzzling truck or anything. Plus carseats fit perfectly in the back.

I can understand getting grief for buying mods, not for owning the car though

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Isn't the Stang paid for? By selling it and going to one car, you'll probably eventually be buying another and having a payment again. Tell her, okay no more mods, I get that, but it's a reasonable car. I'd say keep both, the Denali is hers, the stang is yours:bigthumbsup

Plus you could push the stang to a weekend only car on the insurance and save a lot of $$$

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BTW...I'm on your side. I just trying to knock some sense into your noggin and/or help you grow a pair :yelwacko:
It just drives me insane when I read "kid on the way...get rid of mustang" :fuming:

Well i got a pair its just how life works she controls the money and bills i just make it lol...but she feels safer with it gone i not going to argue because she leaves me Child Support these days isnt cheap and i rather c my babies daily not weekendly or every other and no some other guy raising my kids ...its hard..I rather sell my xbox and never play Call of Duty again lol

·
Registered
307 Posts
If she'd leave you over a car, thats messed up, but I'm not disrespecting her or you.. Just saying if your like the rest of us and love your stang, then surely there's a compromise somewhere.

If it's a money thing, then yeah, you gotta do what you gotta do, but if it's just about not liking the car or something, I'd figure something else out. just my .02 worth

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
the only thing i will add. the stang, much as i love it, is not a practical family car. in fact, while you can get car seats in the back, its a PITA. especially with the rear facing infant carriers. they dont fit back there very well, and you lose a lot of front legroom. (and im 6ft so thats at a premium anyway)

my little girl has to ride up front with me. luckily, the airbag will shut off when i buckle her carrier in. i also push the seat as far back as it will go, that way if the bag does deploy, it wont reach the carrier anyway. just in case. :winks

its for these reasons the stang is a third vehicle and why after having it for 5 years it only has 30k on it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts