Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put SN95 front spindles on my 89 LX for a 5 lug conversion, i read online that u need to put a spacer in between the crown nut and the spindle, for it to work, because the ball joint is to long, has anyone ran into this problem, and where can i get the spacer from, or can i just put SN95 ball joints in the stock fox lower control arm?

·
Registered
514 Posts
to get away from rigging it what i did to a freinds car was use the sn-95 ball joints....much cleaner looking

·
Registered
514 Posts
right....its so simple id never use a spacer

·
Registered
192 Posts
is there an advantage to using the sn95 ball joints compared to the stock fox body ones? i was about to change mine this weekend...

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
jason91notch said:
is there an advantage to using the sn95 ball joints compared to the stock fox body ones? i was about to change mine this weekend...
The advantage is only there if you're using the SN95 spindles and brakes.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
You can get the spacers for like $15 or you can use some washers. If you are going to press new ball joints in your A Arms, buy oversized so they wont be loose in the A Arm or throw a couple tack welds on them.

·
Registered
514 Posts
have you ever pressed in a set of ball joints before? there is no need weld them if fact this can cook the grees....if they didnt fit id take them back, out of the 50 or so ball joints iv done i never had a problem

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
You shouldnt need to ever weld balljoints. They are pressed in and will not go anywhere. If anything you will have an impossible time removing them instead of a problem keeping them in.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
GhostDog 5.0 said:
You shouldnt need to ever weld balljoints. They are pressed in and will not go anywhere. If anything you will have an impossible time removing them instead of a problem keeping them in.
My first recommendation was to buy oversized if you read the post, and 1 small tack weld will not cook the grease. Fords own Maintenance Manual tells you not to press them in or out , but to replace the entire A Arm. While that is not for everyone, that is why I said buy oversized and press it in and it wont be a problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.