Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I ordered the 14" Matte Black SuperSnake stripe kit for my car. I got it and it took awhile to find someone to put it on but when I did and he rolled out the kit we discovered that the hood section had been cut for a factory hood scoop...I don't have a hood scoop. I sent an email to them on the morning of the 4th, to both their main email address and their email address for requesting returns. I haven't received a response of any kind. Needless to say I can't use the hood section and all I want is to have them send me a new hood section but no luck on a response, I told them I would even send back the hood section with the scoop at my cost. Still nothing.

Has anyone else had any issues with them like this? I know their product has a good reputation but not sure of their customer service. Their return policy is hardcore and makes my old military policies seem tame but I figured since they made the mistake they should still try to make it right. If anyone has a phone number for them I would appreciate it since they don't have one on their website, just email addresses. Thanks. Stuff happens so I'm not too worried about their incorrect stripe cut but fixing the error would be nice. I can't use the kit as is. So close to having the car done...dang! :nogrinner lol

·
Registered
882 Posts
That sucks man. I recently bought a super stripe kit as well but off of ebay for 55$ bumper to bumper. I once had the same issue with contacting bsm. I just kept emailing them. They will eventually get back to you. I kept writing to the email with rob in it…Im guessing hes the owner? But once they get back to you they will no doubt send you a replacement, hell they did for me.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Check your PM's

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Check your PM's
Thanks. I'll try that one.

FordMustang06V6, thanks. I'm hoping I hear from them, it's been close to a week and nothing so far. I wanted to get them on and have time for them to set so I could get some clearbra put on the car before a roadtrip to a Mustang event in Spokane in September. :bigthumbsup I don't think there will be time for that now unless he sends a replacement in the next few days.

I appreciate it.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
did you call them? phone calls have always gotten better results then e-mails

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good timing. I had an email from Rob this morning aplogizing and letting me know he would be sending out the correct set for my hood. He told me to keep the hood section with the scoop cut into it in case I ever decided to buy a scoop. It took a week but his response was a good one.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I've been trying to get ahold of him for almost a month but I gave up after I didnt get any response at all after 3 emails was there a specific email you used to get ahold of them I have questions about stripes I wanna buy for my car.

Thanks
Zach

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've been trying to get ahold of him for almost a month but I gave up after I didnt get any response at all after 3 emails was there a specific email you used to get ahold of them I have questions about stripes I wanna buy for my car.

Thanks
Zach
This is the one I used: [email protected]

·
Registered
361 Posts
thanks again I will try that again :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, after the issues with the stripes I have decided not to have them installed. I keep hearing that the best stripes only last 3-5 years. So, I already have them on craigslist, I don't want to do ebay, is there any place else to sell items for Mustangs?

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Well, after the issues with the stripes I have decided not to have them installed. I keep hearing that the best stripes only last 3-5 years. So, I already have them on craigslist, I don't want to do ebay, is there any place else to sell items for Mustangs?
The only way to get permanant stripes is to have them painted on. However, for the price that most places charge to paint, you could have 4 or so sets of vinyl stripes installed before you break even. going by that 3-5 year life of the stripes, that means you could have your stripes on your car for 12-20 years before you broke even with the cost of painting the stripes. Vinyl stripes also give you the flexibility to change your mind. You can uninstall the stripes and be back to stock.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts