Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read all about how some of you guys are smoking your tires with a tune and etc..I have the bama tunes, and even in RACE my tires wouldn't spin unless I loaded up and dumped the clutch. I called Bama and talked with ERIC.. I told him my sad story and he redid my Race 93 tune as an experiment.. Once I got it installed and went out to try it.. WOW WOW WOW ! what a difference. This GT has more spunk than ever before. Squealing tires is not a problem, even after shifting.. I mean, it is scary to tromp on it now.. I called ERIC this morning and gave him a report.. He was glad to help and after he looked at the new tune, he is gonna revise the other 2 tunes (stock 91 and performance 91 ) and take care of the small hestation I now have in Race. There is a little bog when coming off idle to wot..He will fix this..I wanna tell you guys if you don't already know, these bama guys are so easy to work with and understanding. This is truly a great place to do business..Thanks for the listen :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
432 Posts
I read all about how some of you guys are smoking your tires with a tune and etc..I have the bama tunes, and even in RACE my tires wouldn't spin unless I loaded up and dumped the clutch. I called Bama and talked with ERIC.. I told him my sad story and he redid my Race 93 tune as an experiment.. Once I got it installed and went out to try it.. WOW WOW WOW ! what a difference. This GT has more spunk than ever before. Squealing tires is not a problem, even after shifting.. I mean, it is scary to tromp on it now.. I called ERIC this morning and gave him a report.. He was glad to help and after he looked at the new tune, he is gonna revise the other 2 tunes (stock 91 and performance 91 ) and take care of the small hestation I now have in Race. There is a little bog when coming off idle to wot..He will fix this..I wanna tell you guys if you don't already know, these bama guys are so easy to work with and understanding. This is truly a great place to do business..Thanks for the listen :bigthumbsup
Thanks for taking the time to post this - good to read something positive about a Tune experience after all the doom and gloom that has appeared recently here. Please continue to keep us posted!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Do you know if I can datalog with the SCT tuner or do I need a pc and the tuner? I want to run a datalog and give it to bama for some fine tuning. Off to search the forums for answers!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to post this - good to read something positive about a Tune experience after all the doom and gloom that has appeared recently here. Please continue to keep us posted!
No doubt, if someone comes back and says "yah but will they fix your engine if it blows up???" I am going to freak out.... lol

·
Registered
734 Posts
Don't tune - you'll make Earth **** continent #8!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK Hawkeye--you sit there and worry about the dumb-ass warranty--I'm gonna go out and enjoy my stang!! Hi and Bye

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
OK Hawkeye--you sit there and worry about the dumb-ass warranty--I'm gonna go out and enjoy my stang!! Hi and Bye
I think that may have been sarcasm

·
Registered
245 Posts
Do you know if I can datalog with the SCT tuner or do I need a pc and the tuner? I want to run a datalog and give it to bama for some fine tuning. Off to search the forums for answers!
If Bama sends you the setup file with the parameters they want you to log, and they only need limited time logged, you could log straight to the tuner without a PC connected. You will still need to connect the tuner to a PC to load the setup file on it and download the log from the tuner, but you won't need a laptop in the car.

Anyway, if you want them to look at datalogs ask Bama what they want. They can explain you what to do and much easier than searching forums ...

·
Registered
588 Posts
If Bama sends you the setup file with the parameters they want you to log, and they only need limited time logged, you could log straight to the tuner without a PC connected. You will still need to connect the tuner to a PC to load the setup file on it and download the log from the tuner, but you won't need a laptop in the car.

Anyway, if you want them to look at datalogs ask Bama what they want. They can explain you what to do and much easier than searching forums ...
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
83 Posts
And people wonder why number 8 is a problem. Read the above closely. Why was it so far off in the first place? These cars are done, by them, all the time, right? Not like it was some odd combination of mods that they haven't dealt with. So when it wasn't making power, why? Rich or lean, tons of timing or not near enough? Was it safe when it was a turd, or on the edge of knock?

Shoddy tunes aren't good for 5.0's.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
you gotta love the bama fans on their knees

·
Registered
734 Posts
I guess you don't really hear a lot of "Jokes" in Montana. Perhaps you didn't know there is no continent #8? I guess Geography lessons aren't up to par up there.

In case you couldn't tell (and I'm guessing you couldn't), I was gently mocking the people terrified of their warranties.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.