Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a sct x3 but not livewire. how do i get a bama chips tune for it. i sent a email asking but never got a reply. and info.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Go to bamachips.com, pick the tune files for xcal3 on the left hand side, and order the tune. There's an online form you fill out with your info (transmission, tire size, computer strategy, axle code, etc). Once you place your order, in a few days he'll send you an email with the tune as an attachment.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Go to bamachips.com, pick the tune files for xcal3 on the left hand side, and order the tune. There's an online form you fill out with your info (transmission, tire size, computer strategy, axle code, etc). Once you place your order, in a few days he'll send you an email with the tune as an attachment.
You'll need to download the Liveload3 software from SCT Automotive Performance Products so you can upload it from your PC to the tuner via USB cable.
What size are the actual Tune files? I have a couple of those USB flash drives I've never found a use for. I'd also like to get [email protected]@chips' race tune, but don't want to lose another of the three that are on the SCT XCAL3 (87 performance, 91 torque, 91 performance). Would they fit on a 512 MB flash drive?

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
You'll need to overwrite one of the tunes on the device to upload a new one. Unfortunately, there is no way to backup any of the tunes on the device. Only way would be to ask the tuner for a softcopy .ll3 file that you could then store on your PC. I have softcopies of every one of my tunes.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it shouldnt overwrite the 3 tunes mine came with right? it holds 3 additional custom ones. can i still choose rev limit and govenor n stuff or is the bama tunes just choose and your done?

·
Premium Member
1965 Mustang coupe
72,878 Posts
it shouldnt overwrite the 3 tunes mine came with right? it holds 3 additional custom ones. can i still choose rev limit and govenor n stuff or is the bama tunes just choose and your done?
If you have the X3 and have extra spaces, you'll be fine. I'm used to the Xcal2 which only holds 3.

·
Registered
889 Posts
The bamachips tunes are unlocked and you can change just about any parameter you want and the governor is already disabled in the tune. However, if you don't know exactly what you're doing...Don't Mess With It. Dinking with the settings just for the sake of playing with a new toy can easily trash your engine. For example, change your neutral rev limiter settings from 4000rpm to 6000rpm just so you can test it out will greatly improve the chances of your engine going boom (The stress of high rpms on an unloaded engine goes up radically).

Bottom line...be careful and don't fool with anything that you don't know exactly what it does. I really don't want to see a post 2 weeks from now saying 'Help, I changed all the settings in my tune and blew up my engine. What do I do now?'. Martha Stewart is wrong. It would not be a good thing.:nogrinner

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
haha well i do know what im doing and if things go wrong the stock settings are saved before you can do anything. so you can always return to stock. the neutral rev limit doesnt let you go passed 4k i think anyway so even if some kid wanted to bounce of the red line he cant lol

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok i still dont understand how to get the tune on my x3. there is 2 ports on the device but they're not usb. there goofy shaped. is it supposed to come with a cable cause mine didnt.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
forget the last thing i said im dumb. not used to seeing that type of port.

is it worth getting a tune from them for all my bolt ons or are they just good and tuneing for premium oct.?

·
Registered
889 Posts
forget the last thing i said im dumb. not used to seeing that type of port.

is it worth getting a tune from them for all my bolt ons or are they just good and tuneing for premium oct.?
The only bolt ons that would matter in your list are the headers and CAI and I'm not sure if the headers need a tune change for them. I'm pretty sure he can add any tuning necessary for your headers to the CAI tune if needed. He sells the c&l CAI so he already has a tune made for that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.