Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered my Cat delete maps from Bama and I have read about the Ghost Cam tune they offer so I had them send me one. Has anyone played around with the Ghost cam tune? I have watched a few videos and the tune makes the car sound pissed off at idle. I do not think I will run it much. I think it would be a fun little tune for Friday night cruises. Any thoughts and info is welcome.

P.S. I am running a true straight pipe stock header to tip.

C

·
0 Posts
I just ordered my Cat delete maps from Bama and I have read about the Ghost Cam tune they offer so I had them send me one. Has anyone played around with the Ghost cam tune? I have watched a few videos and the tune makes the car sound pissed off at idle. I do not think I will run it much. I think it would be a fun little tune for Friday night cruises. Any thoughts and info is welcome.

I bet that thing is so freakin loud! I know mine is and I have mufflers and resonators and it's loud.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts

You can also add the lope idle to the cat delete tune. That way you don’t have to switch back and forth.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts

The Ghost Cam tune is great! With your exhaust set up it would sound pretty bad ass.

The tune is perfectly safe to run all the time. The Cam tune really only effects your idle, after you start moving all of the tables go back to normal! I don't run mine all the time but when I go to a car show or for a little cruise, it's definitely cool to have.

Hope this helps! Post up a sound clip video once you install the cam tune, I'd love to check it out.

-Dan

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
The Ghost Cam tune is great! With your exhaust set up it would sound pretty bad ass.

The tune is perfectly safe to run all the time. The Cam tune really only effects your idle, after you start moving all of the tables go back to normal! I don't run mine all the time but when I go to a car show or for a little cruise, it's definitely cool to have.

Hope this helps! Post up a sound clip video once you install the cam tune, I'd love to check it out.

-Dan
So the Cam tune is stored within the other tune as well?

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
So the Cam tune is stored within the other tune as well?
Yes, we basically play with the settings on your Race tune to give you that Lopey idle. All you have to do is let the Bama team know you'd like to try the Cam Tune out and we'll hook you up!

This also falls under our free tunes for life program. Hope this helps!

-Dan

·
Registered
539 Posts
I've had 5 different cam tunes from bama and not a single one of them lope. Very dissapointed, but awaiting patiently for Don to get me fixed up.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I think they would sound kinda cool for a Friday night cruise.I been thinking about this,I will be calling AM because I want to get a tune finally.does the Ghost Cam tune work with the stock exhaust or dose that need modded as well??

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have straight pipes from the header to the tips and believe me it is LOUD!!!!!!! Got pulled over at a red light and the cop thought my car was only for track use and not street legal haha the ghost cams will get you in trouble. Iam putting my axel backs back on to give the car tone and not a raspy straight pipe, LT headers are going in next week.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I played with the BAMA Cam tune for a couple days and it does make it sound awesome. The side effects are very low mpg (maybe 5-10 max) and lots of looks thumbsup3.gif.

You can oogle at the video I made with full Stainless works exhaust headers, O/R X, and retro muffler...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuRVPqqtP0E

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
I've had 5 different cam tunes from bama and not a single one of them lope. Very dissapointed, but awaiting patiently for Don to get me fixed up.
Wow, I'm sorry to hear that none of your Cam tunes work properly! We can definitely get you figured out here. Please shoot me a PM with your order number and I'll make sure Don gets you all squared away ASAP!

Hang in there! We really appreciate your patience.

-Dan

·
Registered
203 Posts
Does the ghost tune work with the v6? Wonder how it would sound with my shorties...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts