Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hey Guys - I'm sure you've seen that the Bama Performance Team has been hard at with their 9-Second S550 as well as their new and improved V2 Tunes but they're just now wrapping up research & development on their Automatic Tunes. We just recently brought on an automatic 2015 GT and in bone stock form it was able to best some pretty solid numbers 361 RWHP and 342 RWTQ While they're respectable figures the Bama Performance Team wanted to focus on making some more power along with cleaning up the driveabiltiy.

The guys at Bama wanted to dial in just how the power was put down and they made some really dramatic changes to the shift profile in order for their customers to have more crisp shift points, a greatly improved and more aggressive throttle response, and again better driveabiltiy on either WOT or just getting around town!

On 87 Octane and a Bama Performance Tune the S550 put down 372 RWHP and 344 RWTQ and swapping from 87 to 93 octane they saw some really incredible gains to the tune of 393 RWHP and 377 RWTQ!

Just to give everyone a better idea on this again these gains we're all made with the Bama Performance X4 Tuner

Stock RWHP/RWTQ: 361/342

Tuned RWHP/RWTQ: 393/377

Peak Gains RWHP/RWTQ: 32/35

If anyone has any questions don't hesitate to let me know!

Alex

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
32 HP gain/ 35Tq impressive...My fear would be having to deal with Ford and possibly warranty issues down the road...good work guys!

·
Registered
13 Posts
That's my only problem with powertrain mods. I just bought this brand new, first model-year heavily computerized car that I plan on keeping indefinitely. If I start throwing mods at it, like a CAI and tuner and cat back system, are they going to cut me off if I have any problems down the road? I can just imagine my local dealer just laughing and the stock quote "Well we can't work on anything but factory stock cars." Heck, I bought a modified, used '06 GT from them with 4.10's in the rear, CAI and a tune and they wouldn't even address a check engine light, stating that they could only return it to stock (BS) and then check it. Fortunately all I had to do was hook up my scanner and pull the code which was a bad O2 sensor. Of course they could have done the same, but the car was modified and that was all the excuse they needed. After that experience, I hesitate to do much more than suspension mods, fearing that even a cat-back system might give them an out if I end up with some problems down the road. Anyone have any input on this idea?

·
Registered
1 Posts
yes its been said over and over in many many places ....mess with the tune and your on your own .....why should they fix something they didn't create?

·
Registered
49 Posts
As of today, I'm waiting for an issue that was discovered by Bama with SCT.

Shifting does NOT snap into gear (wheels should be squawking), but rather curves into gear sounding like someone riding the clutch while upshifting. American Muscle/Bama informed me of the issue with automatics and they are diligently working on a solution with SCT. :| For now, I have returned my car back to stock (it runs better than the tune) and even with the Airaid, the car runs well stock!

·
Registered
16 Posts
yes its been said over and over in many many places ....mess with the tune and your on your own .....why should they fix something they didn't create?
Not 100% true.
Only if the tune is cause for the damage of the car. Turn tune back to stock before taking it in and its a tough one to prove.
Look at my mods - blew the clutch out of the car with 1700 miles on it.
Took back to dealer (who happens to be a Roush supplier). They said the mods I did to the car is why the clutch went bad. I said really all that extra HP (like 50-60) was more than it could handle. They said yes...I called Roush and asked what they put in their Stage 3 cars, stock GT clutch - pushing 600HP.
Dealer ate crow and replaced everything including a stainless clutch hydraulic line replacing the junk plastic one from the factory (recommended if running headers).
They want you to buy cars and pay for service and to come back and be happy customer. To much competition out there and can hurt business. Stand your ground and push back "hard" if needed.. it works.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Not 100% true.
Only if the tune is cause for the damage of the car. Turn tune back to stock before taking it in and its a tough one to prove.
Look at my mods - blew the clutch out of the car with 1700 miles on it.
Took back to dealer (who happens to be a Roush supplier). They said the mods I did to the car is why the clutch went bad. I said really all that extra HP (like 50-60) was more than it could handle. They said yes...I called Roush and asked what they put in their Stage 3 cars, stock GT clutch - pushing 600HP.
Dealer ate crow and replaced everything including a stainless clutch hydraulic line replacing the junk plastic one from the factory (recommended if running headers).
They want you to buy cars and pay for service and to come back and be happy customer. To much competition out there and can hurt business. Stand your ground and push back "hard" if needed.. it works.
I agree. :grin:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Guys,i just bought my (15) 5.0 w/auto recently,was just curious what kind of 1/4 and 1/8 mi. ET's they are running at the track in stock form. And was there much diggerence in times between the stick and auto's?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Excellent Customer Service...thanks for the call!

This afternoon, I got a phone call from Paul M., Lead Calibrator of the Bama Performance Team. He advised me that they are currently engaged in regular communications with SCT regarding this issue and assured me that we will figure out a solution to this problem. This issue is affecting ALL 2015 Mustang GT Automatics.

:smile:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Are other shops having the same issues with the automatics and the SCT tuners? Are there any other tuner devices that can properly tune 15 automatics?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Most likely...

Are other shops having the same issues with the automatics and the SCT tuners? Are there any other tuner devices that can properly tune 15 automatics?
I would assume that any shop using an SCT Tune set-up will be affected, but would not bet my life on it. I'm also not sure about other shops using another resource.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Appreciate the reply. Just got a 15 GT premium last Friday. Trying to figure out what mods I want to do. It came off the show room floor with 3:55 gears. When I was looking for a GT on line most were 3:15.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Appreciate the reply. Just got a 15 GT premium last Friday. Trying to figure out what mods I want to do. It came off the show room floor with 3:55 gears. When I was looking for a GT on line most were 3:15.
Congrats! I like the 3.55 set-up and I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

:grin:

Reactions: CEHollier

·
Registered
39 Posts
I hesitate to put a tune on my '15 GT auto. I ran a bama performance tune for about 25k miles on my '13 and my transmission started acting up at 57k miles. Sometimes it would take 1 second to go from reverse to drive and I started hear a clunk sound every so often. Then there were times I would be lightly accelerating while merging into heavy traffic and if i braked before it had shifted to 2nd it would shift anyways and HARD. I almost rear-ended a couple people. I reprogrammed it to sport and that seemed to reduced the number of incidences I had with it. Then I sold it. Dealerships problem now lol. Has anyone else had this happen?

·
Registered
956 Posts
I'm picking up a 15 GT premium auto tomorrow. I went with the auto since my manual had gear clash and I never felt comfortable with it. It has 3.15 gears. Should be plenty fast stock but I may add a tune down the road. How serious are the issues didn't now with a tune? Any alternatives? How well are the 15 transmissions holding up? Should I get a 16 instead?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts