Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Of course that warranty is specific to the GT and addresses the cylinder #8 problem that some have had.

Seems to me like if they are willing to do that for that specific application that it would be even easier to offer a similar warranty across the board for all BAMA Mustang tuning.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Yes that paper warranty is solely for the GT's #8 issues. However, if a bad bama tune was the no doubt cause of an issue with a 3.7, or a 4.6, or a 4.0, I have faith that AM would cover the cost of repair. :yup:

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Of course that warranty is specific to the GT and addresses the cylinder #8 problem that some have had.

Seems to me like if they are willing to do that for that specific application that it would be even easier to offer a similar warranty across the board for all BAMA Mustang tuning.

The only reason we are offering this solely for the new GTs is because they're the only model having a problem.

We have never had a failure on any other model of Mustang, however, as Chris said above, we ALWAYS stand behind our products and if you ever have an problem with another model, come to us first to see what we can do:bigthumbsup

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only reason we are offering this solely for the new GTs is because they're the only model having a problem.

We have never had a failure on any other model of Mustang, however, as Chris said above, we ALWAYS stand behind our products and if you ever have an problem with another model, come to us first to see what we can do:bigthumbsup

Great customer service from AM!
Any new news on Ford's fix for their #8 cylinder issues! Apparently this has been fixed on their 2012's? Or can you say? Will you're lawyers let you?

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Great customer service from AM!
Any new news on Ford's fix for their #8 cylinder issues! Apparently this has been fixed on their 2012's? Or can you say? Will you're lawyers let you?

I'm not personally aware of any "fix" being completed yet, but ChrisRose might have a better idea. Post that question in the thread in the GT section and see what he has to say.

·
Registered
7,791 Posts

Would seem like an easy marketing strategy add-on to include it with all cars, especially ones that are not having any problems.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Would seem like an easy marketing strategy add-on to include it with all cars, especially ones that are not having any problems.
Reminds me of that scene from "Tommy Boy" :)

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Reminds me of that scene from "Tommy Boy" :)
That's something that should be considered for the future and I will definitely tell the organizers of the warranty to keep that in mind!:bigthumbsup

Tommy want wingy!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,291 Posts

I am sure he would be willing to extend the number 8 cylinder warranty to all V6 customers.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
I am sure he would be willing to extend the number 8 cylinder warranty to all V6 customers.

Of course we will always stand behind our tunes and tuning staff to the end, but in reality, the only people that need this "aftermarket" warranty coverage are people who are still presently covered under factory warranty.

I can assure you that if a V6 customer(or a customer still presently covered under Ford's factory warranty who is denied by Ford's warranty) were to ever have a problem that we would not be leaving them to hang out to dry:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
288 Posts
Of course we will always stand behind our tunes and tuning staff to the end, but in reality, the only people that need this "aftermarket" warranty coverage are people who are still presently covered under factory warranty.

I can assure you that if a V6 customer(or a customer still presently covered under Ford's factory warranty who is denied by Ford's warranty) were to ever have a problem that we would not be leaving them to hang out to dry:bigthumbsup
I think GT STYLE was joking ;)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yeah I think the number 8 on my old 3.7 went completely out I couldn't find it anywhere! Sucks I already traded it in before this warranty... LOL

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So did my #7.... I hope Ford takes care of it because I have a tune loaded muhahaha.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts