Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanna buy a CAI and SCT...what do you guys think?

·
Registered
95 Posts
MD Motorsports in Cincinnati. OH

Craig

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
stlwagon said:
I've used both tuners with great success.
Went with Bamachips...c&l with sct

·
Registered
81 Posts
good coice. Thats who I'll be going with in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
craigels said:
MD Motorsports in Cincinnati. OH

Craig
I had horrible service from MD. I ordered a Tunable Induction system which they never sent after 6 weeks despite telling me it was "in the mail" at week two. I ended up getting it directly from John at TI who was very responsive. I eventually managed to get an 87 octane tune and a 93 octane tune from MD after clearly specifying I was limited to California 91 octane. From what my SOTP told me, the tunes took into account the larger MAF housing but otherwise felt the same as stock in terms of throttle response. Out of frustration I bought the 91 octane performance tune from Bamachips and it dramatically improved overall response and made my car feel like I thought it should. Lots of people have been satisfied with MD and maybe they could do just as good a job. However I gave them more than ample opportunity and they just blew me off.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I'm very happy with BamaChips.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I know people who are happy with BAMACHIPS and I am happy with BRENSPEED.

I went with BRENSPEED for my C&L Racer kit and SCT Xcal2 because Brent offered a better price. Brent and his crew are easy to work with in my limited experience so far. I am new to this tuning stuff so I had to call for some instructions for the user modifiable options on the SCT Xcal2. They were more than willing to walk me through a few things and offered to send me a modified tune to match the user modifications I was attempting (idle speed, top speed, rev limiter, etc.).

I don't think you can go wrong either way you go.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mot250 said:
I know people who are happy with BAMACHIPS and I am happy with BRENSPEED.

I went with BRENSPEED for my C&L Racer kit and SCT Xcal2 because Brent offered a better price. Brent and his crew are easy to work with in my limited experience so far. I am new to this tuning stuff so I had to call for some instructions for the user modifiable options on the SCT Xcal2. They were more than willing to walk me through a few things and offered to send me a modified tune to match the user modifications I was attempting (idle speed, top speed, rev limiter, etc.).

I don't think you can go wrong either way you go.
Heard great things about both vendors thats why I had narrowed the choices to Brenspeed and BamaChips it was a toss up really. It's just that Dougs name keep popping up all the time and always with good results.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I went with Brenspeed, to retune my SCT 2 that I bought orginally from MD in cinci. I wish I had gone with Brenspeed from the start.
The best customer service, and great tunes. Competitive prices......it they sell it, and I'm buying it, I'm gettin' it at Brenspeed.:bigthumbsup
I called twice with questions and spoke directly to Brent White,(owner) both times. These guys are the best.
I can't say anything about bama chips.....I don't know.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
240 Posts
AirGoNomyk said:
Heard great things about both vendors thats why I had narrowed the choices to Brenspeed and BamaChips it was a toss up really. It's just that Dougs name keep popping up all the time and always with good results.
Let us know how you like it! I'm sure it will cause a perma-grin! Like I said, probably can't go wrong either way...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts