Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well . . . I have solved any traction problems I might have been having. Got the Nittos nice and hot and the hooked like slicks. First launch was bad . . . I nearly stalled the car and had a terrible run. Second launch . . up against a new GTO . . . was even worse . . . because I grenaded the rear end. Dropped the clutch and BANG!!!! The car went about 10 feet and had to be pushed off the track.:sosad:

Guess its good there's a 9 inch sitting behind the shop . . . . oh well.

·
Registered
155 Posts
that sucks to hear about it man...hope you get it up and running quick...

me i'm still waiting on what kinda clutch i want....order it and by then..winter will be here (calling for some snow this weekend) and will be time to put her away for a LONNNG season.....i can't even put 100km's on the supercharger :sosad:

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It got towed to the shop this morning. They'll have me ready for Fun Ford Weekend next weekend. Going with a built 9 inch and 4.10s.

G

·
I need to move to where he lives and plant a money tree of my own, maybe then I'll be able to complain about having too much power. :worship

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[QUOTE='95.0 stang]I need to move to where he lives and plant a money tree of my own, maybe then I'll be able to complain about having too much power. :worship[/QUOTE]
Well . . it wasn't just too much power . . . it was too much power combined with too much traction . . . . :winks

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[QUOTE='95.0 stang]What a shame...[/QUOTE]
I know . . . . sucks, huh? :tongue

·
Registered
861 Posts
Owch.

At least you'll have her up and running quickly!

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yep . . . she'll be ready for race day! :eyepoppin

·
Registered
108 Posts
Dude, Truuble, I figured you'd bust sumpon. :) My dad did a similar thing. He didn't go anywhere though. Busted an axle. It actually went backwards, so that was good. Well, find the weak links and replace them with beefier stuff. All in the name of speed.
So, how's the tuning? boost psi?
Chris

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well . . it turns out it WAS an axle . . . not the rear end. So, I'm putting in a Detroit Locker with 31 spline Moser axles, along with the Maximum Motorsports upper and lower control arms and a torque box.

Tuning is going ok . . . but . . . the pulley that Vortech told us would give us 12 pounds only yielded 10 pounds. So, we are bumping up to the next pulley to try to get 12.

We didn't do a "full" tune on it, because we will be changing pulleys this week, but on the "half" tune we did, it yielded 300RWHP and 331RWTQ on the Mustang Dyno. We will have better numbers this week.

Chris, I posted pics of the roll bar in the "wheels up" post if you wanna see em.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
In your quest for more boost you should consider a power pipe. I've heard they can add 2 pounds of boost, UPR, and Anderson Ford make them, maybe a few others not sure.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yep. I'ver heard about the Power Pipe. That's something to look into down the road.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Truuble,

Curious, what axle was it and where on the axle? My dad's was the driver side axle on the outside end, only a coupel inches from the hub area. I think mechanically, that has the most torque, espcially load, since the driver side has his/her weight on that side, plus, torque sends the car left, making the rear rear travel further than the left side wheel. Anyway...
Yeah, I saw the roll bar, looks pretty cool, and will keep you safe bro.
Chris

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mine was close to the differential. I'm not sure which side.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.