Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone just see what I saw? $600,000.00 for the first 2007 Shelby?

·
Registered
263 Posts
That is insane!

pk2112 said:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yep, I just posted this in mustangforums. Unreal. Carroll Shelby looked happy as hell.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Yep, I saw it.:eyebulge:

Wonder if that's any indication to what they'll eventually be going for at the dealerships. Probably not $600,000 of course, but definitely higher than what the sticker will say.

·
Registered
209 Posts
There goes my chance of geting one at sticker....I'm glad that ferrari guy passed on it. I can't drive 55.:cool:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Still guessing in the area of 2x sticker price for the ones fortunate enough to even see one.

G

·
someone paid 600000 for a mustang....are you guys kidding me? some dope paid 600000 bucks for a car that most of us can beat by adding about 6000 dollars to our gts.....insane....that idiot coulda got 3 or 4 ferraris

·
Registered
256 Posts
Keep watching I just checked the car list for Barret-Jackson and they have a few more S197 ponys comin.... I saw a 2006 Ford Custom "Stallion" edition, a 2005 Mustang GT500... keep you're eyes out for how much they go for. Oh how I love the Speed Channel

·
Registered
261 Posts
just wait and see how much they'll be worth when carrol shelby dies. it would be one smart investment if you could afford and buy it. where else could you double or triple your money in 1 day. problem is if you own this car why would you even drive it and not to mention you would have to keep it totaly stock. im happy with my gt at least with it i can drive and make it my own. but still would like to have an 07 shelby and cash in for one hell of a payday!!!! this car now seems to definitly not be your average joe mobile. only big spenders need apply. vynle

·
Registered
622 Posts
pk2112 said:
I know the very first one is special and all, but holy moses! Are they insane? It will never fetch that price ever again!

·
Registered
478 Posts
I believe much of the proceeds will go to charity. the buyer will most likely get to write off most of the money that is over retail value of the car.

·
Registered
829 Posts
bigplayrayr said:
I believe much of the proceeds will go to charity. the buyer will most likely get to write off most of the money that is over retail value of the car.
No, he bought a car. He didn't make a donation..... I don't think my accountant would see it that way. I will run it by him for his answer...

Geez ! I don't see it ever bringing that again. Did you see how cheap the 67 Shelby went!.... Augh !!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Just looked it up on Barrett-Jackson sold listing. Sold for $648,000.00. I can't even image having that much cash to spend on a car. Shelby stock just went through the roof as well as the desire now from any one with serious cash to get one. You can forget about sticker on this pony. Take a GT put about $10,000.00 into her and you can have a Shelby clone. Which from what I see on the auction page gets some serious cash as well. Barretts what a great toy store for cars...

·
Registered
357 Posts
1259.1 2007 SHELBY GT500 FASTBACK$648,000.00

I missed it...I just looked it up on their website. Holy :eyebulge:

·
Registered
11 Posts
saw that

seen it they got the tool box and they get to go watch the car be built and hang with carol for the day that car will never turn on it will set in storage with all the stuff that comes with it but it is only the first public offered on they give some away before that one some of the nascar guys got the first gt40 that came out for wining the cup so it wont be number 1 probly number 5 or 10 id ratier get the new aluminum block 5.4 gt 40 engine thats being built shave some nose fat and still have the power make me a clone

·
Registered
118 Posts
yeah $600,000.00 :eyebulge: . for that you get the first 2007 Shelby offered to the public with your choice of options (be a fool to not get it fully loaded), hang out at the ford plant and watch the car being built, get a big a$$ tool box (which was pretty nice), and the sun visor will be autographed by Carroll Shelby and Edsel Ford. almost forgot, a tour of the SVT facility. I am pretty sure that they said all the proceeds will go to a charity that helps needy children. :drink:

·
Registered
502 Posts
Well, in my opinion, everybody here should get some of the credit (but no cash, of course) for the final price. We've stoked the fire under the Pony again by purchasing and talking up the car...WE put the sizzle back in the Stang...what if everybody had yawned when the new 05s first came out? Would the Carroll-mobile have gone for 6 point 5 large then? I think not...

·
Registered
478 Posts
Gig4Fun said:
No, he bought a car. He didn't make a donation..... I don't think my accountant would see it that way. I will run it by him for his answer...

Geez ! I don't see it ever bringing that again. Did you see how cheap the 67 Shelby went!.... Augh !!

I have been to auctions for charity before. Usually the item for Auction will have a retail value assigned to it. The amount the auction goes above that is legal for tax deduction. If the guy paid 650k for the car, he could probably deduct 600k as a donation, if the car was given a retail value of 50k.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Correct.

bigplayrayr said:
I have been to auctions for charity before. Usually the item for Auction will have a retail value assigned to it. The amount the auction goes above that is legal for tax deduction. If the guy paid 650k for the car, he could probably deduct 600k as a donation, if the car was given a retail value of 50k.
My father bought a lawn tractor last year at a Children's Hospital auction in Jacksonville. Retail value was assigned at $1500.00. Well, it was a charity my mom does a lot of work for, so my Dad really wanted to show his support at this auction, but the tractor was the only thing they had that he wanted. He figured he'd spend $2000-2500 for it, get a new tractor, and make Mom happy.

Well, one of the Jacksonville Jaguars (I believe he said it was Donovan Darius, who's out injured this season) had taken a shine to it as well. They got into a bidding war, and before Dad knew it the tractor was at $5000.00. He was about to give up, because charity or not, he couldn't pay that for a tractor in good conscience. Dad makes good money, but he's not in the same league as a player in the NFL! Just as he started to stop bidding, his accountant walked over and told him he could get reimbursed for everything over retail, so he went nuts. Apparently Darius' accountant never told him that, so he stopped bidding at $12,000.
Yep, that's right. $12,000. My Mom about flipped until Russ (the accountant) told her they'd get it all back. Still, it was funny watching her for the few minutes before she knew.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
196 Posts
DrDoom said:
My father bought a lawn tractor last year at a Children's Hospital auction in Jacksonville. Retail value was assigned at $1500.00. Well, it was a charity my mom does a lot of work for, so my Dad really wanted to show his support at this auction, but the tractor was the only thing they had that he wanted. He figured he'd spend $2000-2500 for it, get a new tractor, and make Mom happy.

Well, one of the Jacksonville Jaguars (I believe he said it was Donovan Darius, who's out injured this season) had taken a shine to it as well. They got into a bidding war, and before Dad knew it the tractor was at $5000.00. He was about to give up, because charity or not, he couldn't pay that for a tractor in good conscience. Dad makes good money, but he's not in the same league as a player in the NFL! Just as he started to stop bidding, his accountant walked over and told him he could get reimbursed for everything over retail, so he went nuts. Apparently Darius' accountant never told him that, so he stopped bidding at $12,000.
Yep, that's right. $12,000. My Mom about flipped until Russ (the accountant) told her they'd get it all back. Still, it was funny watching her for the few minutes before she knew.:rolleyes:
Which is why we will never have a flat tax rate. Back to topic which is ?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.