Ford Mustang Forum banner

Barton shifter question

1K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  randeez11 
#1 ·
Just picked up my Barton shifter and bracket at UPS from American Muscle. I notice in the instructions they show their own shifter and adapter. Does anyone know if the stock premium aluminum shifter ball will fit ok ? I notice in the barton video they show the stock shifter, not the premium aluminum ball unit.

#2 ·
Just installed mine last night. Think I read it is not for the oem shifter w the aluminum ball. Give em call. I got the whole package, shifter, bracket, white ball and adapter. It is awesome. You might have to get their ball and adapter.

#7 ·
I'm not an ace at mechanics however this was an easy install after watching the video. I found the shifting much smoother and precise compared to stock.
I also installed the clutch line and felt lighter pedal effort and slightly better cold shifting

#8 ·
OK Guys. Thanks for the info. I will let you know when I get it on. Right now though with this heat wave, I dont think so.

#10 ·
It will fit like a dream and the install will take a bit of patients if you are working off ramps or jackstands in the heat and you wear glass's ;) LOL but nothing to get in a twist about... I found using a 1/4 inch ratchet wrench with allen wrench socket with a knuckle on a 1/4 or 3/8 (with adapter) and a long ext. on a ratchet wrench type tool to clear back out of H pipe made my life easier if you are working from a lift i bet it is lots easier to get in there and tighten the allen bolts :)
take you time and it will reward you for it :) lol :yelwacko:

#9 ·
easy install, and DEF worth the money (IMO). I bought the whole kit (with adapter and white ball) becuase i love that classic White shifter.

#11 ·
Your stock shiftknob will work just fine!

You will LOVE this modification; one of if not THE best first mods to do on the new 5.0s:bigthumbsup

#12 ·
I am getting really anxious to get the shifter on. But it is well over 100 in my garage and I cannot work properly in that kind of heat. So I'll wait. :smilie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.