Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

My next mod will be a short shifter.
I really like the new hurst design but there is conflicting info on the web. Some say it has 27% reduction. Some say it's 40% so im not sure what is the truth?!
Barton seems to be a good alternative too.

Which one would you prefer? Should I wait for the hurst to be finally released?
Thanks!

·
Registered
203 Posts
I like my 40% barton and it has Reverse lock out last i read on the Hurst it did not have this lil (shifting for dummies (that's me)) safety feature. To keep you from going to Reverse instead of 1st. but maybe i am wrong. I don't recall it the Hurst a wee bit taller than stock too ? if so i think that might be a plus.But that's just me and i do like my Barton Shifter and Barton rear shifter mount. your results may vary :) :yelwacko:

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I've been very happy with my Barton shifter. I also bought the heavy duty mounting bracket. I almost like what I picked up there more than the reduced throw.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought both the shifter and the bracket for my 2011 GT.
I put the bracket on first and it made a huge different using the stock shifter. So much, I sold the Barton shifter and use the stock one now.
Try the bracket first and you may not want to go to a short throw shifter.
njg

·
Registered
406 Posts
I bought both the shifter and the bracket for my 2011 GT.
I put the bracket on first and it made a huge different using the stock shifter. So much, I sold the Barton shifter and use the stock one now.
Try the bracket first and you may not want to go to a short throw shifter.
njg
Yeah i'm with you on this the bracket and stock shifter is the way to go! I sold my barton it's a well made shifter but way to notchy for me

·
Registered
2 Posts
Very happy with the Barton shifter.2nd gear crunch when cold gone with the transmission fluid change.I also have the bracket but not have installed it yet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts