Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read a lot of great things about the barton shifter, with the exception of the excessive road noise and a more "mechanical" feel. My car is mostly a daily driver with occasional test and tune days. Steeda has a good track record with mustang parts, and Hurst was popular on trans ams and camaros back when I had an LT1.
Anyone have experience with both Steeda and Barton? I know the throw is shorter and snappier on barton, but the steeda is smoother. Just like to hear from people that have had/driven both.

Also, I have not found many reviews or people talk/mention Hurst with regards to the 2011's. Any particular reason behind this other than the item being new to the market?
Thanks as always.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
While I can't comment on either 3, wait until the MGW comes out next month. It's a bad ass piece of equipment and is not a bolt on shifter like the 3 you mentioned.

The MGW vvvvv

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
While I can't comment on either 3, wait until the MGW comes out next month. It's a bad ass piece of equipment and is not a bolt on shifter like the 3 you mentioned.
I'll let you know what it's like, I'm going to be one of the 50 test subjects.

·
Registered
269 Posts

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
When are you test subjects expecting to get them?
Apparently they're supposed to be contacting testers for payment this week so I'd assume shortly after.

·
Registered
109 Posts
For me, I really like the look of the Hurst shifter. The flat arm is something the others don't offer and that's why I plan on picking it up, but maybe with a Barton bracket since everyone seems to love their bracket.

·
Registered
269 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.