Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the base mustang comes with the infa-red sensors? i have a 2012 v6 performance package on order and have ordered a 7l3z19a361aa ford alarm package to put in it. I'm going for low budget so the base model with the pp seemed good (didn't use the term "performance package" in front of my Love, just mentioned upgraded brakes and tires) any way I've seen links to pdf install instructions, but none seem to mention ir sensor wires. Also any hints on install would be cool. Thanx

G

·
0 Posts
Do you mean infrared sensors for the doors? Mercedes uses I/R door sensors in addition to radio frequency for door locks as well as to lower the windows before getting in the car.

Perhaps you can be a little more clear in your question?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Perhaps you can be a little more clear in your question?
Pretty sure he's referring to IR sensors placed inside of the car to detect intruders.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
when you look at the part descriptiom it mentions infa-red sensors to detect intrusion. I test drove premium models and up by the rear view mirror was a box with two small opaque windows that looked like small versions of the sensor windows on motion lights. Also people describe this alarm goimg off if you leave your windows down and reach in. If i remember correctly the box may have housed the interior lights also

1 - 5 of 5 Posts