Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys...

Got my Paxton Adj. fuel press. reg. and need to know a couple of things before I install...First it was a used unit I bought on ebay so it didn't come with any instructions so can you all please tell me how to initially set this thing so my car will start when I install it...I know you adjust it by screwing the top nut left or right but am not sure which way does what...For initial start up would you screw it all the way one way or the other?????....can any negative conseqences happen if it is way out of adjustment at first???....You are suppose to set the pressure with vacuum off correct????....Please let me know the answer to all this as detailed as you can as I don't want to F#$# it up...

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Each setup will be different as far what psi is best. My Haynes book for 94-03s says 98 and earlier 30-45 psi with vacuum, and 40-50 without vacuum. This will give you a ballpark figure to go by. I have mine set at 40 with vacuum and 50 without. My stock regulator was a few psi lower.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply but what I am really asking for is how do I set the regulator initially before starting the engine...Screw full one way or another, half way what????
Thanks
Jason

·
Registered
4,806 Posts
Put it in the middle.

·
Registered
253 Posts
put it in the middle like ghost said, the car will most likely start no matter where it is set, clockwise will raise the pressure, counter clock wise will lower the pressure. set around 42-45 and play with it. see where you feel like you have better power and drivability

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys!!!!....Just ordered my Walbro 255lph hp pump and got a new fuel filter today so when I get it all in I'm hoping the detonation caused by my s/c will be gone...I'll let you all know...thanks again for the help!
Jason

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.