Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a set of 17" centerlines[used] with about 20% tread on 245-40-17".My car pulled me around so much that my girlfreind got scared when she was in it.Its alot worse than your typical camber pull, or just having bald tires. So Im thinking my main problem is the 40 series rubber,or bent rims...can anyone help me out.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Bald 40 series tires are the cause. The tread depth will cause it alone, combine it with the width that will aggravate any steering play you already have and there is your problem.
Bent rims would shake like a mofo, not cause the concerns you are claiming.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
right on thats the awnser I was looking for.thanx.do you know if I can fit anything larger than 45 series...something like 50 series,or do I have to go with 45's if I want to put 255's on the rear.can anybody recomend a good tire size to fill up my wheel well and still get rid of some of the rough ride.Its lowered with bbk's and I still have a few inches from my rubber to my wheel well with my poneys on[245/50/16]

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
anybody else??????????

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mabey I will stick with my poneys.they look a little meaner than the centerlines except when I enter a show it looks so much sleeker with the crome

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.