Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
I had one on my other GT along with a 3" catback not sure how much power it added but it sounded smooth and deep. No raspiness or popping.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I have the BBK x-pipe. It was an easy install on ramps, I just had a friend give me a hand holding it up. No cutting or anything required. It definitely smoothed out the exhaust note.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I would love to put on headers but due to the cost and the affect on warranty will hold off a while longer so I am considering an X pipe.

I found this one that retains the cats. Anyone installed one of these yet? How's the change in sound / butt-o-meter?

Bassani 5011X 2011 5.0L Mustang GT Shorty X Pipe (50 State Legal)
Friend of mine added the Bassani catted X to his Bassani Axle-backs on his 2009 GT500. No seat of the paints difference....Sounded exactly the same at idle and low speeds (0-50mph)... It had maybe a little more drone inside at high RPMs. I'm currently running Bassani Axle-backs. I wouldn't add the X-pipe unless i was putting headers on as well. W/out headers you won't feel any more power and you'll maybe only hear a small difference WOT. Especially with only a catted X.

The only thing stopping me from completing my set with Headers and the X-pipe is... California... :mesad:...Warranty is the last thing on my mind seeing as headers will only make the car run healthier, stronger, etc...Especially Bassani. Top notch.

Look into OR/X pipes. If you wont put headers on you need to get rid of those restrictive cats to get gains.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys. ChiZ 65 I also live in CA and am in the same boat as you. Not worried about the warranty just can't really afford to have the LT Headers installed then removed just to pass smog.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts