Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a Bassani SS axle back, and im looking to buy the SS X-pipe with cats, but i was listening to a soundclip of someone's bassani exhaust set up and noticed a loud popping sound after they reved their engine. why does it do this?

I have an exhauts clip of one that has no popping sound and one that does...they both have the same set ups...

YouTube - 2005 Mustang GT with Bassani exhaust system
heres a video of the bassani that sounds good

YouTube - 2007 Mustang GT Coupe with Bassini X-pipe and After Cat Exh
heres a video of the bassani that pops.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Hi, I have a Bassani SS axle back, and im looking to buy the SS X-pipe with cats, but i was listening to a soundclip of someone's bassani exhaust set up and noticed a loud popping sound after they reved their engine. why does it do this?

I have an exhauts clip of one that has no popping sound and one that does...they both have the same set ups...

the one that pops probably s reving there car right at start up with no warm up i run slp lm and if i start my car in the morning and rev it it will pop bad but after 10 min of warm up it dont do it no more

·
Registered
151 Posts
Actually mine would pop with a CAI/92 tune when revving or decelerating with the stock mufflers. Its even louder now with the Flowmasters installed. It could be because of the CAI/Tune.

·
Shelby Gt 350 member
9,239 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So is there any way to make sure that mine does not pop when i get it installed? I have a steeda cold air intake, steeda high flow inlet eblow, and obviously the bassani ss axle backs installed already is that helps any

·
Premium Member
72,882 Posts
So is there any way to make sure that mine does not pop when i get it installed? I have a steeda cold air intake, steeda high flow inlet eblow, and obviously the bassani ss axle backs installed already is that helps any
If it's not popping with the exsiting axleback, it shouldn't with the new one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.