Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have Bassani cats, x pipe and axle back. Those along with HC trap removal are my only mods. I have had them on for well over 3 months. To make a long story short my CEL is coming on intermittantly. I just had Ford run my codes and they say it is running lean and that is the reason for the codes. They said they have a guy who can give me an estimate on reflashing the computer right there. I am going to see him after work. My question is why is this happening at all? Those mods alone should not need a tune. Any suggestions? Please help. Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
dunno if the bassani x w/ cats causes codes but my o/r x threw p0420 & p0430. my tuner shut off the rear o2 sensors and no more codes

·
Registered
122 Posts
try putting the carbon trap back in. the new spanish oak system is very sensative and just that much extra flow could lean out the motor, although i dont know, i dont own an 05' yet and ive obviously never moddified it so i only speak from what ive heard. (btw, the proper acronym is MIL.. malfuntion indicator light.. and not CEL) but anywho try the carbon trap disconect the battery for a little while to clear the codes and see what happens

·
Registered
151 Posts
The carbon trap removal can cause CEL Lean codes. Computer needs to be retuned for additional Air Flow. That trap is good for 8 RWHP, so I wouldn't put it back in unless I had to. Plus a retune can give you another 10.

·
Registered
352 Posts
buy a tuner

buy a after market tuner.. like sct 2 or hypertech.. ect

they will help ... and it cheap know then have a guy do it ever time a light come's on
from a new mod... like cai.. or gear's ect... geat a programer,

·
Registered
659 Posts
I8URVTEC said:
Ok I have Bassani cats, x pipe and axle back. Those along with HC trap removal are my only mods. I have had them on for well over 3 months. To make a long story short my CEL is coming on intermittantly. I just had Ford run my codes and they say it is running lean and that is the reason for the codes. They said they have a guy who can give me an estimate on reflashing the computer right there. I am going to see him after work. My question is why is this happening at all? Those mods alone should not need a tune. Any suggestions? Please help. Thanks.
Hey I8,

You should buy a CAI with a tuner that instructs you to remove the HC trap. Steeda's programer is set up with a tune to compensate for the HC trap being pulled out. You could also just buy a tuner that has a tune to compensate for the HC trap removal. You need to ask the maker on this specific point an tell them you have removed the HC trap and that you are gettung CEL lights from it.

HTH

1 - 7 of 7 Posts